Chapter 7

Author's note: Sorry if you find a spelling mistake.

----------------------

Ayanokoji was at the training ground with Christa and Ymir, who were by his side. The cadets were gathered waiting for Instructor Shadis's instructions, everyone was excited about the training that we were going to have this day with the equipment that we were receiving.

"This is your 3D maneuvering gear set!" Instructor Shadis yelled as he gestured to the military members that carried the gear "Each of you will be given one and you can store it in your own locker, you will only be permitted to use them when you're training or with my permission if you want to use it outside of training hours."

"From now on, during training, you will always bring this with you no matter what, this thing will become a part of you. This gear is yours, you're responsible for it, do whatever you want with it, if you break it or damage it, you will pay for a new one!" He informed the cadets "Now make a line, and after you get your gear, equip it, I give you all 30 minutes, then come to the training ground number 4!"

After saying that the bald instructor left, leaving the cadets to line up to get their own 3D gear.

"Eh. Then, at last, we will get the ODM equipment" Ymir said raising an eyebrow, scanning with her eyes the equipment they were handing out to the first cadets, which comes equipped with a manual.

"I'm a little nervous to try it" Christa admitted, Although she was nervous, she couldn't hide her enthusiasm for the matter either. "The training we did before we could take our team was a bit complicated, so I don't know what will also leave me."

It's been a week since Ayanokoji joined the cadet corps, the instructor put us through training to measure our agility, balance, flexibility, reaction. Basically, parkour, bungee jumping, pilates and they even threw rubber balls at us with a bit of strange and old equipment.

At least, he was able to confirm the existence of exercise equipment, although most were only available for military use and training. Unfortunately, although the teams were quite useful in our training as a cadet, the teams from the White Room and ANHS surpassed him in quality.

Ymir ran a hand over Christa's shoulder, causing her to let out a surprised squeak that was caused by her nervousness. "Don't worry, if you have problems with training, I'll help you. I don't think it's a problem for me, "Ymir said, winking at her.

"Eh... Thank you" Christa smiled, turning her gaze to him "Kiyotaka, I know the training we did, bungee jumping, gymnastics with apparatus and the others. They were necessary before using the equipment, but, even so, what was the point of it?"

"I swear I hate those balls" Ymir grumbled, remembering when she was hit by surprise. "Damn instructor, they would have given a warning, those things hurt"

Christa flinched and made a face, rubbing her elbow "Yes... many got hurt, the good thing is it wasn't that bad" she frowned, although it looked more like a pout. Cute.

"The training, despite being strange and risky, are lessons that were important in our training." He answered their questions "Bunching and gymnastics are training that involves moving the body in the air." He explained. "Keeping balance and then moving around in 3D equipment is something completely different. Instructors need to make sure everyone is ready before giving us the equipment, otherwise, there could be accidents where people mishandle their equipment, remember that the team is not small after all"

Using the ODM equipment was not easy for people, the instructor was quite clear that many accidents could happen when you were using them. That is why training was necessary, nobody wanted to be in the air only to fall and suffer a serious accident.