Summer Love

I used to love being a camp counselor, until Harry Styles came into the picture.

I've never met a more arrogant 19 year-old asshole in my life. He was so good with the kids though, they all fawned over him like he was the second-coming of Christ, but he was terrible to me. It didn't help that my group of kids and his group were rivals, always trying to one up one another in whatever activity we participated in. Our kids were competitive too which only fuelled Harry's cockiness, especially when they won.

These last two months he's been acting like he's better than all of us, as if we all haven't spent our fucking summer watching young kids. It doesn't help that he's good looking either, and he knows it too. All of my fellow counselor's drool over him whenever we partake in swimming activities, loving his long and lean body which glimmers under the bright sun. I can't lie and say he isn't very nice to look at, but his personality ruins that for me. Easily.

He's got a few tattoos scattered across his body but he's taken to doing some stick and pokes on himself over the course of the summer — a beer bottle, a sun, and a kayak have been added to his arm, all looking professionally done of course, and that just irritates me even more.

He knows he gets under my skin too. Whenever he runs past me, he always makes sure to tug on my ponytail or pinch my side, a sick smirk on his face as he does so. This morning we were on the docks watching our kids canoe when I suddenly went flying into the water from a force pushing against my back, that force being Harry. The kids loved his teasing antics.

At least someone did.

"Oops?" He smirked at me when I came up out of the water, glaring at him. "You better watch your back next time, Styles." He was just so fucking annoying, I couldn't stand being around him without wanting to pull my hair out.

I'm thankful our cabins are on opposite sides of the camp from one another, I don't think I could handle being so close to him when we sleep — I just know he'd try to pull something sneaky.

I love being a camp counselor in the summer I really do, but it's him that just makes every second of it unbearable. I don't even know when our rivalry began but I think it may have been around two years ago, when we had to be camp leaders together.

It wasn't even that awful, all the kids loved us and I had fun doing it too. I thought Harry and I became friends, we got along pretty well, but it turns out that isn't the truth, he hates me for no reason it seems like.

I can't deny the fact that he's attractive because he is, anyone would be stupid not to think so. He has this charm about him, one that can quickly get anyone to fall for him in seconds and if I wasn't convinced he hated me, I'd probably be one of them too.

Now though....he just aggravates me. He just knows he annoys the shit out of me and that makes him happy. I swear he does half the shit he does because he loves the reaction I give him every single time.

This week is the last week of summer camp and I'm determined to make it the best week even if that means I have to tolerate Harry for the next seven days. Today was no better than most days, Harry shoving me into the lake this morning was only the tip of the iceberg.

When we got inside the mess hall for lunch, I reached for the last apple, only to have a hand reach out and snatch it before me — a hand that I wanted to chop off and feed to the fucking deer. "Too slow, babe," he said with his mouthful of the apple. I watched with narrow eyes as he took the apple into his mouth and kept it clenched between his teeth, displaying it to me. "If you want it, come bite it."

He wiggled his brows, thinking it was funny. Not too sure how funny he thought it was after I pushed my hand out to hit the apple, making it knock hard against his teeth. I smiled to myself as I walked away, hearing him groan in pain. I hope I loosened one of his perfect fucking teeth.