08 | the audition

"Out of the millions of people, I think you're the best

"Out of the millions of people, I think you're the best. From your head to your toes, I'm properly blinded by love. What is it about you that I like so much?"

𑁋 MAMAMOO, 'Love Lane [OST]'

**pls excuse my very limited knowledge of how the kpop audition process works :)

and this will be the last official chapter of the book, so thank you all for reading! there will be an epilogue as always!!

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

It was the day of the audition for Wheein and Hyejin.

For Hyejin, being calm and easily hiding away her nervousness, finds herself standing in front of the mirror of her bedroom, taking one last look at herself. It was just an audition𑁋she didn't need to be dressed up as if she was going to some ball. She runs a hand through her hair and lets out an exhale she didn't expect herself to be withholding.

"Hyejin-ah, the train will come soon." she hears her mother say outside her door, followed by a few light knocks.

"I'll be out in a bit, eomma." she says back, shifting her focus on her open backpack on her bed. It was filled with certain necessities: her charger, headphones, and some other items. But it didn't feel entirely full yet, though it wasn't necessary for her to fill it up. She didn't think what she had was enough to fully distract her on the way to Seoul.

She looks around her room for a moment, trying to see what else she could possible take, before noticing the book Meet Cute that Wheein had gotten her laying flat upon her desk. A smile spreads on her face as she walks over to her desk and takes the book in her hands, letting the palm of her hand graze over its surface, as if wiping away the smallest amount of dust that may have accummulated on top.

"Good luck today, Wheein-ssi," Hyejin mutters low as she places the book gently inside her backpack. "I know you'll do great."

She zips up the backpack, remembering with a hint of a blush at her cheeks that Wheein also had my heart, or maybe her heart.

══════ ∘◦❀◦∘ ══════

"You have everything, honey? Including the train ticket?"

Wheein fishes out the ticket from her pocket, waving it in front of her mother's concerned face, the girl's cute gesture making her expression fade away into a smile. It would be Wheein's first time to travel alone to Seoul by train without the company of her mother and grandmother, since her grandmother hadn't been in the best shape lately. It was okay though; she knew she would be able to handle herself. It wasn't like she was leaving permanently.