ɪ; ꜱᴇɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ

Y/n was a fairly new member of the Knights of Favonius, and as a new member, it's hard to rise the ranks. Especially considering how many members there were. There were so many Knights that most of the new members weren't allowed to do daily commissions because they were all taken.

Y/n was stuck doing all the dirty work... no literally she was forced to do all the cleaning and nightly patrols. She didn't have much time to sleep. All the Knights would treat her poorly and ask her to run errands for them. 

She would always accept with a smile on her face. She had kept telling herself that if she was nice and did jobs properly they would see the potential in her and let her go on missions. Of course, this wasn't the case. She didn't see a reason to continue her career as a Knight if she was only cleaning, but she didn't want to give up on her dream just yet. 

There was only one person that treated her with her well-deserved respect. That man is Kaeya. They would often go out for drinks whenever y/n wasn't doing her patrols. Kaeya would always tell her that she should demand to be promoted so she can do missions. But she would always shake her head. There's no way she could do something like that. 

One day Y/n was forced to clean all the windows in the church, clean the Statues of the Seven, and clean the statue of Barbatos. She has never received such a task. She knew she couldn't do it. 

This is when she realized she wasn't really a Knight of Favonius. She was being used. This is when her anger boiled over the top. She no longer wore a smile. She was furious. Y/n was finally going to face her problems today.

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n had just started cleaning the top of the windows at the church. She balanced on the ladder perfectly, after all, she had done this a dozen times. She was thinking mindlessly to herself when her thoughts started to wander. 

'Why am I cleaning these windows in the first place again? Wait, who do I work for? I'm a Knight? Surely not...'

She looks down at the clothes she's wearing. It's a Knight's uniform.

'Aren't Knights supposed to go on missions? That's what I wanted to do when I practiced my ass off to get into the Knights of Favonius right? So why am I stuck here cleaning all day every day?'

That's when something in her brain snapped. She was no longer the happy-go-lucky woman that everyone used.

'Kaeya was right. Why didn't I listen to him from the beginning? This is getting ridiculous.'

Y/n was standing on her ladder frozen. She dropped her cleaning supplies on accident, but when she heard it hit the floor she was already halfway down her ladder.  She was walking out of the church like a madman. 

This time she had a mission. She had a real mission. Behind her angry expression were her eyes filled with passion. She was so excited to finally have a real mission.

~~~~~~~~~~

When Y/n had gotten to the Knights' headquarters, she was already receiving requests to go run people's errands. She of course paid them no mind. She pushed open the doors with more force than she had intended leaving them to make a bang when they hit the wall. 

She walked straight over to Acting Grandmaster Jean's office and knocked. Sure she was angry, but she wasn't rude.

When she received the words "Come in" she burst through the doors. She had planned a whole speech to recite to Jean but was instantly at a loss for words when she saw Kaeya talking with her.

"Now this is unexpected." Kaeya turned around startled by the look on her face, even though he knew why she was there.

"We were just finishing up here." Jean stands up while tidying up some loose papers on her desk.

Y/n didn't say anything. She just stood there staring at both of them.

Kaeya was almost positive he was seeing steam rise from Y/n's head. He walked up to her and grabbed her shoulder. He looked her in the eyes and said, "Good luck, y/n." 

Now it was just her and Jean. Jean could tell how angry Y/n was, I mean who couldn't?

"I have a feeling I know why you're here..." She paused for a moment. "but I'm afraid I have nothing for you to do. Ever since I announced the Traveler our Honorary Knight, they've been taking all the missions I have to offer." She shrugged.

"I should at least be allowed to do daily commissions don't you think?" Y/n said through gritted teeth.

"You'd have to ask Kathryne about that." She sighed.

"Okay but if there are no missions why do I have to clean? Shouldn't the Sisters be cleaning the church and the statues? If there's nothing for me to do, then I should do exactly that. Nothing. Mind you, I had to go through rigorous training to become a Knight, yet I'm not doing any Knightly duties."

Jean wasn't sure what to say. She knew you were right. She had nothing against you, in fact, she was quite proud of you for doing these things without a second thought even if she knew she wasn't allowed to be.

"I'll tell you what... Since there is nothing I can do about the lack of missions, I will let you know when I receive a new one. I will also be assembling a team to help you." She sits back down in her chair. "You will not have to do any more cleaning. Though it isn't much I'm afraid this is all I can do for you right now. I recommend talking with Kathryne if you want to do daily commissions."

Y/n was surprised. She thought she would have to raise her voice and maybe threaten to sue them, but she was pleased with the outcome. 

She nodded and left to go talk with Kathryne. 

Authors Note;

I DID A DILUC FIC SO OF COURSE I HAVE TO DO A KAEYA FIC RIGHT?? (My Diluc fic is not finished yet btw)

Updates will most likely be slow and inconsistent because of school so please be patient. The very first part of this story was in the description but I feel like some people don't read those so I put it here too. I posted this a while ago but took it down, so I edited it and I'm posting it again.