Chapter 1

"Where's he taking you?" Natasha asks curiously as I sit beside her on the couch in the living room.

Most of the team was lounging around the room and half paying attention to whatever was playing on the large flat screen.

"Speaking of your boyfriend, when are we finally gonna see him again?" Wanda smirks.

"He's pretty busy most of the time with his work and all so I don't know." I smile while easily lying to the team.

It became second nature whenever they asked a question about Dylan, my boyfriend of three years. In the beginning he was the perfect gentleman. He was sweet to me, made me laugh, cheered me up when I was feeling down, and most of all, he loved me. But lately he hasn't been himself. He's been more distant than I remember. More strung up than I remember, easier to set off. I've been telling myself that it was just his work making him this way but even I couldn't fully convince myself of the terrible excuse.

I finally took noticed of the little comments he's been saying to me and about me a few months back but never brought it up. I thought if I ignored it, it might go away but it never did. In fact it seemed to get worse. He would make unnecessary comments about my outfit or my figure or how much time I spent with the Avengers. I thought that was the reason that made him act this way. How much time I seemed to spend with my friends at the tower. But then the comments started to become more personal and seemed to attack me as a person. The more comments he made, the more I became self conscious of my skills and looks.

Then, two months ago, he hit me. He physically put his hands on me and I didn't react as I was taught in school if you were ever hurt by someone. I didn't tell anyone. The minute his hand connected with my face, my head snapped to the side and I raised my hand to cradle my stinging cheek. My wide eyes looked back to him with disbelief but he showed no sign of remorse as I stared at him with silence and fear.

It was too late to leave him by then.

"Oh, come on! You never bring him around anymore." Sam complains.

"I'm sorry Sam, I know you like him." I tease.

"There's always other fish in the sea Sammy." Natasha smirks, earning a sneering look from Sam.

"But seriously sweetheart, where's he bring you for your three year anniversary?" Steve asks.

'Fuck Dylan.'

"I don't know, he said he wanted it to be a surprise."

'He's probably doing something shitty.'

"Ooo." Natasha grins.

I laugh and shake my head as my eyes unconsciously land on Bucky. He's been quiet the entire conversation ever since Wanda brought up Dylan. I was starting to worry about Bucky, he seems more sad and quiet than usual.

"If he doesn't bring you to some fancy ass restaurant, you call me and I'll sort him out." Tony teases as they all laugh again.

'Not if I get to him first.'

"I too shall do the sorting if he disrespects your year of celebration." Thor booms and I can't fight the smile from forming on my lips.

"Thanks Thor." I chuckle.

"Buck, what do you think?" Steve asks with a sly smile.

'I think we should gut Dylan.'

Steve's been trying to get Bucky to confess his feelings for Lily ever since he learned of said feelings.

"I don't know." Bucky mumbles as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Bucky, are you okay?" I ask softly as I sit beside him while the other Avengers continue conversing.