Chapter Two

The soldiers I pass say, "Good morning, Sergeant Major," as I walk toward my office. I don't even hear them anymore, nor does it register who says it and who doesn't. I'm not here for the ass-kissing; I'm here to do my job. And to do it well.

It's Friday afternoon and I'm totally distracted. I'm trying to deny that the reason I've been so frenzied and out of sorts is because when I get home, Mase will be waiting for me. But the moment I even think his name, I start to get nervous, like I'm about to navigate through a mine field without the proper equipment.

"Sergeant Major," I hear my assigned Private, Amanda Smith, say as I approach my office. I look over to her and she's doing that whole cutesy, smile-with-fluttering-eyelids thing.

"Are there any messages?" I ask curtly, ignoring her flirtatious behavior.

"No, Sergeant Major." She lifts an eyebrow at me as I brusquely walk past her, essentially shutting her down.

I close my door. She knows I don't like to be interrupted unless my ex-wife, Joanna, calls, or a superior is in need of me.

I sit in my chair, lean my head back, and rub my hand over my face a couple of times while I close my eyes.

"Come suck my cock, boy." I hear him;I can smell him; I can even feel him."Be a good boy and suck me 'til I come."

I jerk up out of my chair and look around. I could've sworn he was here, in my office.

Why, after all these months that I haven't thought about him, have I remembered him now? My heart's shivering in my chest; I look at my hands and see they're shaking. Fuck. I need to calm down.

Walking over to the window, I lean a palm up against the cool glass pane as I stare out at the green training fields in front of my office. I will the huge hard-on I'm sporting to obey my mind. I don't want an erection to be how I remember those times. That's not an accurate representation of what happened, of how I felt. I have to get out of here before I lose it at work.

I wait a few moments until my embarrassing, disgusting cock goes down before I grab my work bag and leave for the weekend.

Amanda sits at her desk with her long legs out to the side, displaying the toned calves below her military uniform. Christ, I know she wants me, the way she throws herself at me. The way she eye fucks me every time I walk past her. It's blatantly obvious to me, even though she coyly tries to conceal it.

"Can I do anything for you, Sergeant Major?" she asks as I walk past her desk, but I don't even bother looking at her.

"No. Have a good weekend," I reply as I walk away.

Once I'm in my car I do everything possible to keep my mind off the fact that Mase will be home when I get there.

Hmmm, Mase and home. I like the sound of that. I think I'd like to come home to Mason more often. No! I'm not gay.

I park in the driveway of my small home that sits nestled amongst other similar-looking houses, on tree-lined roads with kids playing happily in their yards. I notice that Mase isn't here yet. So I walk inside, drop my bag by the front door and tidy up a little. Since Mason announced he was coming to stay, I have cleaned up and for now, my home reflects somebody that's composed, disciplined and in control.

I hear the knock on the door and I stop. I literally freeze on the spot. I don't want to answer the door, but I don't want to push Mason out of my life either. A few seconds pass, and I convince myself to open it, and when I do I'm damn near floored.

In front of me stands Mason. His face is covered in stubble, and I instantly want to kiss him. I'm not gay.

His frame is so thick and muscle-bound, showing off the result of months spent in the gym through his t-shirt.