First flower

A small 12-year-old girl stood by a rose bush. She had pretty light green eyes, wore a purple victorian dress, had white hair with black ends. Her horns seemed to float, and her wolf-like ears had black tips. Lastly, she had a squirrel-like tail also with a black tip, and wings with black feathers at the ends.

"Flower?" Flower turned her head around to see her mother Mary. Mary had had bright orange hair and green highlights. Her eyes were a cerise color. Her ears were orange and so was her tail. Mary wore a dark blue trench coat that ended below her waist and also showed her curves. Along with snow boots and black pants, her mother always seemed so confident.

"Yes mother?" Flower asked. Her mother wasn't in her life much.

"I'm just wondering if you like my garden," her garden was a huge land that seemed to have no end, with lush forest and beautiful mountains. Mary made it herself.

"Of course I do, but why do you ask?"

"My dear, how's Quince?" Mary cut her off, avoiding the question. Quince was Flower's caretaker. She was a tall grey cat with a fancy yellow dress and long, floppy ears. For hair she had a floof on one side of her head covering her eye. Her hair was long and pretty, and she had wings.

"She's fine," replied Flower. "Where do you go when you leave mother?"

"Places dear, places," she replied. Then she turned away and left.

Flower had no other parent. Quince told her that she did have another mother but never told her who. She changed the subject after that. After Flower's mother was far away enough, Flower decided to follow her. Mary didn't seem to notice, neither did Quince. Then her mother stopped and kicked the air. Suddenly it was like there was a mirror there, the spot she kicked shattered like glass. It seemed to open a portal leading who knows where. When Mary walked, the glass shatters rose up and pieced each other together. After it the portal fixed itself, it was as if nothing was ever there. Flower ran up to where her mother was a moment ago and wondered how Mary could make portals like that. She wondered if Mary would ever teach her. Flower turned to Quince who was staring into nothing at the garden. Her sky blue eyes seemed to be lost in a maze.

"Quince?"

Quince's eyes snapped back into focus. "I'm sorry, would you like something?"

Flower asked, "How does mother do that?"

"Hm?" Quince responded in confusion.

"How does she make portals?"

"I don't know,"

"You lie,"

Quince's eyes widened in surprise. "What?" she said in shock.

"You lie, I can see in your eyes. What are you hiding? What is mother hiding? You always act like you have something to hide. Why? What is the matter? Who is my other mother? Who are you?" Flower stared at Quince in suspicion.

Quince was shocked, then her eyes had a mixture of fear and anger. "We are not going to discuss this now." Quince said urgently. Flower was frustrated. Mother gave off a sweet aura, but it was almost a sickly sweet. Quince gave off a kind aura, but one could sense the tint of pain in it, as if she's disconnected from something.

That night Flower was awake in bed. She's never seen Quince get mad, not once. She started to wonder who or what Quince was before. One time, she went exploring in Quince's room and found a closet. Behind the dresses was a small door. Flower opened it and found a bright, yellow tuxedo accompanied by a black cane. She wondered if it was Quince's. Flower thought back to it for a while but eventually let sleep come over her.