Chapter 2: Oceanside, CA

In the coastal city of Oceanside, California in the still great United States is where a unknown musician has the romantic time of his life. Benjamin Davis is the name of that musician. He was 5 foot 9, had spiky light brown hair, carried a guitar case most of the time, and drove a 1967 Camaro. His house was on the corner of the block and his band member, friend, and neighbor was Liam May. Liam is about the same height as Ben, had smooth, silky, blond hair, always had one of his watches on his left wrist, and drove a 1965 Ford Mustang. He was saving up for the 1969 Pontiac GTO or "The Judge". They were good friends and they loved to talk about pretty much any topic.

"Hey, Liam!" Ben said as he picked up a newspaper on his doormat.

Liam rolled the window down to reply to Ben.

"Hey, Ben!" Liam said as his Mustang pulled up to the side of the street.

"Anything going on right now?"

"Yeah, my sister's coming tomorrow. Also, I got us a gig at Juan's."

"The one with those good burritos?"

"Yeah, that one."

Liam rolled the window back up and stepped out of the car.

"May I come in?" Liam asked.

"Sure, the headline doesn't look interesting anyway." Ben replied.

Ben opened the door for Liam. Liam walked into the living room and turned on the new TV that Ben bought at their local appliance store. Ben closed the door and joined him on the couch.

"So, could you shine a little light on this gig?" Ben said.

"Yeah, uh, I met with Juan an hour ago." He said that if we did well, get crowds coming in, stuff like that, he spread the word and we could get into lounges, clubs, and eventually we can come to the big city! We could rise like Elton John!" Liam answered

"Did he mention which clubs he could possibly get us into?"

"The Aquarium, Club Eclipse, The Bronze Club, and The Interior."

"The Interior? He can actually get us into there?" 

"That's one of the ones he listed."

"Wow, we have to do this. What time do we arrive?"

"At around two hours, lunch begins for them."

Liam checked his watch. "It's 10:23, so at around 11:45 to 12:00."

Ben began going to his closet to find something suitable for his performance. Liam knocked on his bedroom door which was locked.

"Hey, I'm gonna go home. See you at Juan's. I'll give you a call if something happens." Liam said.

"Alright." Ben said through the door.

Ben tried on many outfits, but decided to go with a nice white tee and leather jacket. He practiced his guitar and his voice for a half-hour and then decided to go on a run. After his run, he watched TV until Liam knocked on the door.

"Hey, you ready?" Liam said.

"Yeah! I think we can impress Juan with the magic of the 1960s." Ben said

"Great, let's go!" 

"Wait, Mustang or Camaro?"

"You know what, I haven't been in your Camaro in a while, I'll ride with you."

"Hop on in."

Ben drove down into the commercial section of their area. He parked the car and Ben got his guitar out. Liam had his drum sticks ready. Liam's drums were already inside prior to the ride. They both knocked on the door as the restaurant began switching from breakfast to lunch. They were greeted by Juan after a minute.