A memory once forgotten

Techno pov ~

It's been years since the day I left him. Since the day my heart brok in two he was a mere commoner. He lived alone in the forest in a tiny tree house with a sheet for a roof.

Back then was a much simpler time, a time in which we couldn't care. The world around us a blur. The only thing we could see was ourselves. Running through the forest and hiding away from my parents. We'd spend hours together just us forever, or at least that's what we thought.

When I became prince, I had no time to visit, I was off to learning how to become the next king. And I left you in the forest to slowly wither away...

I still think of you every morning and every second of my life, if only I could stay, maybe run away with you. Who knows what we could have done,
what we could have been....

The questions lingering in my mind. I couldn't get a grip. I looked out the window. And saw the tiny path, the path I took to see you.

Then it hit me, what if you're still out there? I shot up out of bed. Running to the large window seal. I looked around remembering that the intrince to my room was guarded by the only the best.

I looked back out to the glass doors and windows. I had a balcony outside my room, I could jump down from there and get to the forest. My room was near the end of the castle, so it would be a blind spot for the guards.

Opening the door carefully I slipped out onto the large balcony, I uncovered the rock I used to hide the large rope used to climb down the balcony.

Grabbing on tight to the rope, I glided down to the ground, feeling my feet hit the soft forest floor. Looking out to the wood. I could see it, the small path Made by rocks. I had various landmarks around the forest to make sure I couldn't get lost on my way.

Following the clues, I made my way pastor the entire forest and into an open clearing the shape of a circle surrounded by wood. And in the middle the tree house where most of my childhood laid.

Filled with excitement, I ran to the small tree house. Examining the condition of its structure and appearance

It's still seemingly was living in, there were bottles of water and the few potatoes that looked fresh.

I suddenly heard footsteps behind me. They were barely audible, but still able to make out the sound.

Turning around? Drop the potato. With shock on my expression

"Techno?"

AN: don't you just love cliff fingers? By the way they're both 17 in this story, also thank you for your time have a nice day/ nigh/ middle of the day idk