Chapter Six: Watcher of The Woods

The dark hurricane winds of frustration that clouded Haoyu's heart had been blown away, and clear skies awaited him as he started up again. This time, he was able to fly his homemade plane, The Sunchaser 4.0 without fail, and felt like he was truly in the sky at last.

Now, the heroes were entering what appeared to be a forest of the lushest green. Treehouses were everywhere, and birds flew through the branches, chirping to their friends as they breezed about. "This looks like those jungle movies I've watched!" Rebecca said. "It sure is. That's because it's my dream world." Said a gentle voice. "Who said that?" Mei replied as a bird landed on her. "Up here, in this tree!" Said the voice. "No, the other tree." The voice replied as the gang looked towards the one to their left. "I said the other tree!" The voice said yet again, as the kids looked to the tree on the right.

"For the last time, it's the tree you're in front of!" The voice replied as the kids looked behind them, redirecting their attention. The team looked up and in the tree in front of them, was what appeared to be a beautiful, dark skinned woman. She had purple hair in dreadlocks, a brightly colored shirt, jeans, and earthy shoes. "Name's Sana Hudson AKA Watcher of The Woods. But just call me Sana. Welcome to my world, the Treetop Forest." She said as she lowered herself down to the ground, carrying her birdhouse.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Sana. I'm Streetbeat, but you can call me Leo." he said, shaking Sana's hand. "What is it you came to Wonderworld for?" Mei replied. "Well, I do love birds and my dear Gardenia Forest. In fact, I've been studying a bird called the Gardenia Canary- In fact they're really rare and I want to protect them." Sana said, holding a tiny Gardenia Canary in her hands. "He's so cute." Leo said as he studied the tiny avian carefully. Its body was a golden yellow, and he had streaks of gardenia white throughout.

"It's what gives them their name." Sana explained as she let the bird fly to a nearby branch. "You must really love nature, then." Leo said as he interacted with the costume crystal. Suddenly, he looked exactly like a Guardian Bird! "Whoaaaa!" He said as he stirred up a breeze. "You said it! And I'm also a vegetarian- no meat for me." Sana replied as she let a tiny bird land on her. "Well, we're now gonna find your heart and fix it up!" Rebecca said as she tossed her hair behind her.

"Good luck, you four!" Sana replied as she saw them off. Climbing through the treetops and racing through jungle-like tribal villages, they made it to the heart tree. "That was one heck of a climb." Said a Guardian Bird Leo to a Lickshot Lizard Rebecca and a Lucky Egg Emma. Sana was up ahead, but she had her face buried in her hands. "What's wrong, Sana?" Leo asked. "Then... it happened. The folks from town cut down the trees to make way for the expanding Gardenia Heights... And the Gardenia Forest I loved was gone." Sana explained, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm sorry, Sana." Leo replied, trying to comfort her. But suddenly, a dark vine grabbed Sana by the waist and dragged her into a void! "Watcher of The Woods!" Leo cried, reaching out to Sana. "Streetbeat!" Sana yelled, but her voice grew fainter and fainter. Now knowing what to do, Leo picked up the birdhouse, shoved it in Rebecca's bag, and rushed to the rescue with his friends. But little did he know there was a stowaway inside! After grabbing the costumes of Hot Head and Sickle Slayer, they made their way to the heart tree.

But something awful began to happen- the trees started to come down! "Oh no! Watch out!" Mei replied as she led everyone to safety. Through the green memory crystals, they could see everything that Sana had told them: Her love of nature and birds, the Gardenia Forest, and finally- the uprising of Gardenia Heights. "Poor Sana..." Leo mouthed, trying not to cry. When they arrived, the gang felt like they were being watched by something... or rather, someone. "Kyahahahahaha!" Came a voice.

 "Kyahahahahaha!" Came a voice