[0] Prologue

Nishika and Chisaki proceeded to dissolve the council, not trusting those who had pledged their allegiance to them. It wasn't hard. Ichio was dead and the head of the hunters as well. Nishika took place as Head hunter while Chisaki took the head of the council, dissolving it immediately and taking over the vampires as King once again.

Nishika now sits at the top of the Hunter's Association and the Vampires, her name spreading across the country quickly as before. But with the reinstatement of both her parents, Niko was once again no longer safe. She didn't want to cause trouble to her parents and their well-deserved freedom after all these years.

So she chose to leave them. While they moved into a new Kuran mansion, building one away from the original, Chisaki practically gagging at the mention of it. Ayato is also in hiding at this point. He was spotted during the War of Level E's and was reported back to the CCG who came running for him. At the time they were hiding under the protection of Niko's father and mother, so the CCG couldn't touch them even if they wanted to.

"Ah! A new home!" Niko says, unlocking the door to her new house.

It sits in the middle of nowhere, somewhere away from both Cross Academy and Tokyo. Ayato walks in behind her, holding the few bags the two of them have. He looks around the giant house, impressed with it. Of course, Chisaki, who is absolutely obsessed with his daughter's happiness, splurged on her, building her a tailored house to keep her safe.

He looks around the house, trying to see if anything within it is not extravagantly painted or covered in riches.

"It's a lot," Niko says, sweat dropping as she looks around the house.

"Too much," Ayato replies, looking at the ceiling where a chandelier hangs above their heads.

"Maybe we can cover a few things or something . . ." she trails off, not wanting to discredit her father but also not wanting to live like a rich pompous ass.

"It doesn't matter, I'm sure we will ruin it one way or another." He says, dropping the bags on the floor and slamming the door shut. "May as well settle in."

"Settle in? What are we doing? Getting married?" Niko snickers, stretching her arms above her head.

Ayato walks forward, wrapping his arms around Niko's waist and pulling her back up against his chest.

"We can if you want." He mumbles into her ear, biting down on one of her piercings.

"Calm down, bucky boy. Do you want to give my father a heart attack?" She says, turning around in his hands and placing her palms against his chest.

Ayato doesn't reply at first, making Niko smack him harshly. He grins down at her, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Niko rolls her eyes at him and pushes away from him, looking around the house slowly.

It really is grand.

He built it under the one condition that no one else would ever know the location of the house. Only those two and no one else, that way they will be safe from anyone looking for her or Ayato.

A staircase starts in the middle, branching off to both sides to give access to the upstairs.

"He said twelve bedrooms so we have a lot to choose from, we should start now," Niko says, still in awe of her new home.

It is exponentially different from anywhere else she has lived. But she supposes that if her father isn't living with her he will do anything to feel like a good father. Even if that means building her a massive house for just her and her boyfriend.

"Twelve? What does he think we do here? Sleep in a different bed every night?" Ayato grumbles, picking up the bags and walking up the stairs ahead of Niko, making her run to catch up to him.

"Maybe he is hinting at something," Niko mumbles, still looking around. "How will we ever fill all this space?"

"Kids?" Ayato replies nonchalantly, making Niko go bright red as she walks slightly behind him.

He doesn't turn back to look at his girlfriend's reaction, he just smirks and keeps walking forward, looking into each room to find a nice bedroom. Niko stomps after him, her arms crossed and cheeks flaming.

"Another floor?" Ayato asks, looking up a little staircase down the hall from the main one.

Niko nods, "master bedroom and bathroom and whatnot, it is away from the rest of the house."

"We could just have this part of the house and ignore the rest," Ayato says, climbing the stairs and slinging one of the bags over his shoulder.

Niko nods, running up after him to get a look at the room. She has known for years that she would move in with Ayato, but she never dreamt this. She thought it would be in years time, and into a tiny apartment that they could barely afford.

Not at sixteen and into a luxury mansion with no friends or family.

"I think we are going to be lonely just by ourselves." She whispers as she stares at the large expansive room.

"We can always make company," Ayato suggests, glancing at the bed in the middle of the room.

"Ayato, let's at least wait until I'm eighteen. I don't need to go and die during childbirth." She says back to him, face planting into the bed.

"You serious?" Ayato asks, dropping the bags and falling onto the bed next to her.

Niko nods into the bedsheets, ready to sleep.

"Do you want kids Ayato?" She asks quietly.

"Mhm," Ayato replies as if he has been thinking about the question a lot.

"How many?" Niko asks, turning her face to look at him, but not moving from her laying position.

"Lots."

Niko snickers at his reply and reaches out, grabbing his hand and intertwining it in his.

"Then let's have lots."

"Now?"

"I said when I was eighteen, boy."

"No need to get angry Nishika."

"No kids."

"Niko!"

c.r.o.s.s.e.d.

ooooooh little snippets of niko and ayato's life after the anime. Comment down below anything you want to see.

i'm just going to update this with different scenarios and ideas that i have, there will be a main plot at the end, to close up niko's storyline but for now, comment what you want to see from niko and ayato in this book!

~shadow