17. Better together

Rae had finally blurted everything out. She should have felt lighter, like a weight had come off her shoulders, but she didn't. Only Ji-Woon could give her the salvation she needed, so she waited with her eyes closed for his reaction. She only hoped he would understand, that she had done it with his best interests at heart.

Unlike her, the idol had his eyes wide opened as he processed the information. His little mouse, an arsonist? What a turn of events. The irony of the situation was hilarious, and so Ji-Woon started wheezing and laughing hysterically, rolling on the bed as he held his belly.

Rae opened her eyes and stared at him quizzically, out of all the reactions she imagined he would have this one was far-fetched. She still couldn't tell if it was a good sign or not, but the sight did bring a small smile on her face.

"Oh Rae, do you even realize what you've done?" he asked as he collected himself, wiping a tear at the corner of his eye.

"Something terrible?" she ventured with the guiltiest look ever, like a child about to get scorned, still innocent despite the seriousness of her actions.

"Something no one has ever done~" he mysteriously said.

"W-what is that?" Rae's heart was racing, waiting for an answer like her life depended on it, and perhaps it did.

"Come closer so I can tell you~" he said, gesturing with his hand as if he wanted to whisper a secret.

Worried and wary, Rae still obeyed and leaned in closer. She had long since decided she would accept and face whatever fate he had in store for her. Still if he was going to kill her someday, she would prefer it to be an act of love, not hatred.

"Closer~" he insisted as she scooted over to him on the bed.

"I hope you're ready to face the consequences of your actions..." he threatened, watching with sadistic satisfaction as what little hopes she had died in her eyes.

He spoke after a calculated silence, "Because, you've just made me fall for you~" he added, and before the words could properly register in Rae's mind, Ji-Woon had crashed his mouth on hers.

"Ji-Woohmm?!"

His lips were agressive at first, possessive as he prevented her from recoiling in surprise. When she started to relax in the kiss, enjoying the feeling of his soft lips instead of fighting it, he became more gentle, slower, albeit playful as always.

Rae could feel his smirk against her own lips when a sigh escaped her mouth. One of her hands found its way to Ji-Woon's t-shirt, grabbing the fabric in an attempt to ground herself. 

"That's it, close your eyes, focus on your senses." he coaxed, his hot breath tickling the tip of her nose.

Entranced, she barely noticed they had changed position. Ji-Woon had smoothly laid her down on the bed beneath him, holding the back of her head with one hand while he held himself up with the other.

Rae had kissed someone in the past, but it had been sloppy and gross, nothing like this heavenly sensation coursing through her body. Was it because of her feelings for him or the idol's expertise in teasing? She settled for both.

She was out of breath when their lips parted, heart thrumming in her chest, yet she felt like she couldn't breathe without his mouth on hers. She tugged on his t-shirt, brushing her lips against his in a plea for more.

He chuckled, "Greedy~" he commented, indulging her in one last kiss. She made a disappointed sound when it ended again, it just never was enough whenever Ji-Woon was involved. She was greedy indeed.