Chapter one

Alison sighed. She sat in her chair, on her computer, writing a story; of course about kidnapping, which she always wrote stories about. She didn't know why she liked to write them, especially about herself, she just liked the feeling of writing them. She couldn't really explain it.

She wanted to be an author, or a librarian if the author thing didn't work out, when she grew up. Besides, at fifteen, she already wrote about a hundred different stories—based on the same thing mostly. She couldn't stop now.

Her mom came into the living room and asked, "Al, do you want to come to Ralph's with me?"

Alison looked up from her computer and smiled. She pushed up her black-on-the-outside-rim and blue-on-the-inside-rim glasses on her nose. "Sure," she said.

Alison got up from the chair and logged out of her computer, closing it. She flipped her straight, blonde hair out of the way from her shoulders, which flapped at her back now. She then headed to put her shoes on.

Her mom and her got into the mom's car, and buckled their seatbelts. Off they went to Ralph's, or so Alison thought.

What Alison didn't know was that she was actually going to a friend-making group that was held every week on Wednesdays. And today was indeed Wednesday.

*