Chapter two

Alison was confused as to why she was walking through a hallway with a lady by her side. It did not look like a Ralph's. More like a school.

The woman went into a classroom and led Alison in.

"Hello, everyone. This is Alison. She's our new student."

"Student?" Alison was confused. "I thought—"

"I'll be right back. Why don't you guys talk while I'm gone?" The long-brown haired woman walked out of the room, closing the door.

Alison looked at the five kids in front of her. They looked like they were from Middle School. Or fifth grade. Two girls and three boys sat down on the blue carpet.

"Hi, you can call me Tiger." a kid that looked like a girl with black glasses said. They were pretty tall, about 5'3 or something. They didn't really want to be labeled as a boy or a girl, so they used they, them pronouns.

"I'm Russ. This is Markus and Sally," a boy said. "What's your name?"

Alison hesitated. She didn't know what to say.

"Ah, I get it. Shy on your first day, huh? Don't worry, come and sit." Russ said.

Alison blinked slowly. She took a breath. "I'm, um... My name is Alison," she managed to spit out. She didn't gesture to sit down.

The Sally girl spoke up. She looked at her with her blue eyes. "Ooh, Alison! That's a pretty name!"

Alison blushed. "Thanks,"

The other boy—named Fishel—smiled. "So why are you here, Alison?"

"Um... well, I don't know, it's just that my mom, um...." She fell silent.

"Oh. And just so you know, this is Friendly Derry. Where you can make friends." Fishel said. He smiled again.

"Wait—"

"So what do you do for fun?" Tiger said.

Alison took a deep breath again. "Well, uh... I write stories,"

Markus' eyes lit up. "What kind of stories?"

"Um... horror..."

"Oh! Cool. What type of horror?"

Please stop asking questions, Alison thought. "I write stories on kidnapping. Mostly about myself..." She was embarrassed to say it like she always was when she told people.

The kids nodded.

It went silent for a moment. Then, out of nowhere, a person, with a black mask on, came into the room and grabbed Alison by the waist and hoisted her out of the building.

Alison screamed to let her go, but it was too late. It was so on-timing that it was hard to believe.

The kids stood up, shocked.

"Did the new girl just—"

"Get kidnapped? Yeah." Sally finished Fishel's sentence.

The teacher—Miss Berry—bursted into the room. "I heard screaming coming from here. Hey, where's Alison?" She looked around the room, but found no one except for the already-there kids.

"She got kidnapped, M-Miss Berry..."

"Shoot," Miss Berry ran for the door, but the door locked.

A man burst open the door, holding a gun. The teacher jumped out of the way.

The kids screamed. They backed to a wall along with their teacher.

The man laughed.

"Where's Alison?" the teacher yelled.

"Oh, that girl? Don't worry about her. She'll be dead before you guys can even get to her,"

The teacher was crying. "Let her go, you—"

The blonde-haired man pointed the gun at the people. "No thanks. She's all right with my little pal. She got her hands tied, and her throat will be slit open soon. So I suggest you not beg with me when you're stupid friend's life's on the line,"

"She's been only here for two minutes..."

The man looked at the crying kid, Tiger. "Oh, boo-hoo. Shut up, all of yous!" All of the kids were sobbing. It looked as though they were all in kindergarten, crying over spilled water, even though they were all in middle school.

"Let her go, you idiot! She doesn't deserve this!" Miss Berry screamed and hit the man.

"Shut it. Heh, good luck finding her by the way," the man said. He laughed and swiped his blonde hair out of the way of nothing. The man disappeared out of thin air.

Russ, despite being the teacher's pet, was the most scared of all as they all walked out the building to look for their new friend.

*