TAWASSUL VIA PROPHET IN HIS EARTHLY EXISTENCE

BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHIM. WASSALATU WASSALAMU ALA RASULULLAH WA ALA ALIHI HAQQA QADRIHI WA MIQDARIHIL AZEEM.

this ebook is a text from minhaj which sheikh ul islam TAHIR ALQADRI wrote and published to make muslims out of misconception and misunderstanding. May Allah reward him with Janah.

INTERMEDIATION THROUGH THE PROPHET(S.A.W) IN HIS EARTHLY EXISTENCE.

--------------------------------

This is a distinction of the holy Prophet (S.A.W) that people relied on him as a means not only before his Prophethood but also before birth. In the last section it has been discussed how Adam(A.S) first of all and then the Jews benefited from his mediation. When the former nations and communities prayed through him for victory over their enemies and for their own redemption, the Muslim community as his direct followers are far more deserving of this privilege.

This is the reason the Qur'ān has furnished an irrefutable proof of the infinite blessings and rewards the Muslim community received through his mediation. The Companions depended on him as a source of intermediation and he never directed them to implore Allah directly. On the contrary, he himself educated them in making use of different modes of intermediation.

The Qur'ānic arguments relating to intermediation through the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) are discussed below:

First argument: Waiving of punishment against the Ummah through the holy Prophet's mediation

The Holy Qur'ān guides us in the following way about intermediation through the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in his earthly existence:

And (the fact of the matter is that) it is unbecoming of Allah to inflict punishment on them while (O exalted friend,) you are also (present) among them, nor will Allah punish them in a state when they are seeking forgiveness (from Him).[1]

From this it is evident that Allah has changed His universal system for the sake of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W). The former nations fell victim to divine punishment when they crossed all limits of divine disobedience and refused to embrace the message of truth. In this way their disobedience incurred the divine wrath. Sometimes stones were hurled at them from the skies, at other times their faces were disfigured and at still other times, they were drowned in floods. In short, different types of punishment were wreaked on them, which clearly indicated that it was their outrageous act of disobedience that had invited the divine anger. But when the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) descended on this earth, Allah changed His rules and regulations. This reflects the glory and grandeur of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and the divine recognition of his exceptional status. It was for his sake alone that He waived His earthly punishments not only against the Muslims but also against the infidels, the Jews and the Christians.

This waiver was not restricted to a specific time or era but became a universal and integral part of his Prophethood and Messengership. As long as his gracious presence as the Prophet and Messenger of Allah blesses this world, punishment will not visit the people who live on this earth. And there is no doubt that his Prophethood will continue till the Day of Judgement because on the basis of the Prophet's presence amongst us (wa anta fīhim), his presence turned into a fountain- head of divine mercy.

Therefore, as long as he is present among us, it is guaranteed by the Lord Himself that the Community will remain immune to all kinds of punishment. Thus the personality of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) has become a symbol of the absence of divine punishment.

Intermediation through the Prophet (SAW) is a precondition for the acceptance of repentance

The verse indicates two sources of access to divine nearness: one is the source of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) and the other is the source of repentance. Both sources are means of immunity against divine punishment.