Stings and Songs

You breathed in deeply. The fresh mountain air. There was nothing quite like it. You were now in the last few days of your training. The Grand Magic Games were less than two weeks away, so you were getting in some more endurance training before heading back to the guild's meeting point.

The wind whistled around your ears. You could be anywhere, really. Earth and Earthland were similar in that respect. No matter how much magic the latter contained, nature was basically the same, you mused happily as your hair fluttered in the wind.

You found a large rock formation. A good chance to practice destructive techniques, you decided. You began to strip down to your underwear, your bra, jeans, top and leather jacket discarded on top of your bag. Luckily, you were in a deserted spot so you could afford to practice in this way. The less clothing you had on when transforming, the more agile your wings became. You'd also practiced flying without the constant weight of your guitar over the past three months.

"Angel Soul!" You screamed, transforming.

You looked down at yourself as you soared into the air, pleased at the strength of the scales you had created. Plus, they were strong all over your body now, rather than just your arms and chest. You turned to face the enormous rock formations. There were two, so two tries. Both were well above 10 metres in height.

You gathered up some magical strength and focused it on the first giant boulder. "SONIC BLAST!" You yelled. The boulder shook for a hot second before practically disintegrating on the spot. You nodded, pleased with your efforts.

"Heavenly Bla-" You barely finished your sentence as the rock in front of you blew outwards, rock flying you left, right and centre.

"Ahh!" You screamed, soaring up high into the air as quickly as you could to avoid the rock fragments.

"Good job, Sting-kun!" A loud voice shouted. Oh please, you begged internally. Not here.

"Huh? ROGUE! Above!" Sting suddenly shouted. You couldn't see his face, only his blonde hair from this angle. But you could tell that both him and Rogue had been working out. Now was not the time to think about that, however.

"Grrrrrr." You flew straight towards them angrily. How dare they interrupt your training routine. Lector was one thing, but Sting and Rogue! They were both arrogant and full of themselves at this point in time. You growled, hovering just above them, your hair suspended around you and your eyes glowing white angrily.

"You!" Rogue said in surprise.

"You know this chick?" Sting looked up. Wow....your heart skipped a tiny beat. He really was handsome.

But he'd also blown up your rock. And that was absolutely unacceptable.

You gathered up a blast of magical energy and prepared to fire it at his annoying attractive face.

"______-chan!" Lector cried out, running forward and standing in front of Sting.

"Lector, what are you doing?!" Sting shouted.

"______-chan, you were so nice before. Please don't be mad at Sting-kun...we didn't mean to blow up the rock...."

"Actually, I did." Sting pouted. Rogue was still on his guard.

"Do you promise not to attack me if I change back?" You asked hesitantly, lowering yourself to the ground and putting a scaled hand on your hip.

"They promise. Right?" Lector nodded his head.

"Fro promises too!"

"Frosch....fine. I promise." Rogue said reluctantly.

"Me too." Sting muttered. He sounded like a petulant child.