A Choice

(This is it, everyone. The final chapter. Thank you so much for reading! Ily!)

After being lectured by Erza for a long time, you were finally let go and walked over to Sting and Rogue.

"Sorry about that." You grinned.

"You're slightly insane." Rogue commented.

"But...." Sting said, his eyes barely leaving your dress. "In the best way."

"Oi." You pouted, before noticing his staring. "Do you like it?" You asked, twirling around for him.

"Y-yeah." He stammered, fiddling with his collar.

"Ask her, Sting-kun. Your social graces need improving." Lector said from by Sting's foot.

"Ask me what?" You inquired.

"T-There are two things, actually."

"Oh?"

"I.....would you like to dance?" He said quickly.

You laughed lightly and he suddenly took on the expression of a wounded animal. "Of course I would." You smiled warmly, taking his hand with your good hand.

"Lector, as discussed." He said to the Exceed, who smirked and ran off with Frosch.

"What's he do-" You gasped as suddenly a song you knew oh so well was playing. It wasn't coming from the band, however, but from a lacrima that was put on the stage. Lector and Frosch were stood next to it. Frosch had your iPod clutched in his paws.

"Sting...."

"Shall we dance?" He said, pulling you close to him as the lyrics began playing. It was one of your favourite songs.

"I wandered through fiction to look for the truth
Buried beneath all the lies
and I stood at a distance
To feel who you are
Hiding myself in your eyes

And hold on before it's too late
We'll run till we leave this behind
Don't fall just be who you are
It's all that we need in our lives..."

"How did you know about this song?" You whispered.

"I had a look at your playlists and this one was on a lot of them. I figured you must like it." He said with a shrug. You rested your arms on his shoulders and smiled as you swayed around, careful to not hit your arm.

"And the risk that might break you
Is the one that would save
A life you don't live is still lost
So stand on the edge with me
Hold back your fear and see
Nothing is real 'til it's gone

And hold on before it's too late
We'll run till we leave this behind
Don't fall just be who you are
It's all that we need in our lives..."

"I can't believe you did this for me..." You said, trying not to cry.

"You owed me one. I figured, why not?"

"Is ______-chan dancing with Sting-san?" You heard Wendy say in the background. You looked in her direction and you saw Levy, Mira, Erza and Cana all spying on you from behind a table. Normally you would have shouted at them, but you didn't. It didn't even seem worth it.

"So live like you mean it
Love 'til you feel it
It's all that we need in our lives
So stand on the edge with me
Hold back your fear and see
Nothing is real 'til it's gone

And hold on before it's too late
We'll run till we leave this behind
Don't fall just be who you are
It's all that we need in our lives..."

"_______." Sting suddenly said, jolting you back to Earthland. It was hard focusing on his voice as most of you was focused on the song and his arms wrapped around the white-scaled waist of your dress as the second chorus played in the background.