Prolog

I was riding in the back of the car telling my parents how my day was at school. My dad was driving and mom was in the passenger's seat. I was only seven years of age at this time, and it had been my very first day of school ever.
"I made a friend today!" I said so excited.
"That's good sweetie." My mother said turning around to face me.
"Does this person have a name?" my dad questioned.
"Yeah it's Katie, Kate for short." I said still happy.
"That's nice," my mom said still facing me. "Is she nice? You should..." The next thing I hear was a big bang and screams of pain from my mother.
"Mommy!" I screamed as the car started to flip and roll down the hill that the highway was on. "Daddy!", after the car was at the bottom and had crashed into a tree, I heard my mom again.
"Mommy and daddy are okay." She said sounding like she was in pain. "Sweetheart, are you okay?"
"Yes." I said tears in my eyes.
"Don't cry you're going to be okay... Sweetheart, don't cry." My mom said trying not to cry. Then suddenly her door opened and a guy in a black suit and a red tie pulled her out by her hair.
"Mommy!" I screamed as I watched them drag her away.
"Get the girl, and hurry the police will be here any minute." Some man yelled to others. Then the men came around to my side. "Make sure to keep her quiet." He yelled as they opened my door...