Road Trip

Title: Road Trip

Fandom: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Disclaimer: All rights reserved to Rick Riordan. Aside from the Gods, they belong to the old Greeks. This fanfiction and its OCs on the other hand are entirely mine. No money is made with this, though reviews are more than welcomed.

Main Pairing: Piper/Percy

Prompt: Radio

Road Trip

Piper asked her father if she could go on a road trip down the East Coast, from where they currently filmed in New York. At first, he'd agreed to the idea, but when he discovered who she planned to bring with her, he got a little more reluctant.

"Don't do any funny business. If you come back knocked-up, I'm going to kill him."

Tristan said almost in a growl, pacing the living room floor. In ten minutes, Piper would be on her way to Florida. She wouldn't be back in the 'big apple' for another two weeks after that.

"Make sure you don't wear any swimsuits that I would consider inappropriate, which is any type of bikini." Piper snorted, that wasn't going to happen. "Everynight, I want you to call me, so I can check in on you. If you miss a night, you can be sure that you'll be grounded for a month when you get back." Tristan stopped pacing and shook his head. I can't believe I'm letting you go, alone, with that boy!"

"Da-ad, we both know that nothing is going to happen." Piper laughed at her drama king of a father. "You've known Percy since he started walking. You all but adopted him before we started dating. I don't see what you're so worried about."

"Just stay safe. And no sex. I know Percy, that's why I'm still letting this happen. But Sweetie-" "Don't Sweetie me" "-you've got to understand that because he's your boyfriend, that I automatically don't like him." Piper snorted. "We both know you love Percy, Dad."

A short honk came from outside. "I loved this little talk, but now I have to go. Love you." Piper said as she grabbed her luggage. "See you on the flip side." That was it. Piper was out of the house with Percy, on the road for the next 2 ½ weeks. Piper mentally chuckled at how many of her father's 'rules' she was going to break on this trip.

"Good morning, Pipes." Percy said as he got out of the car to help his girlfriend with her luggage. He pressed a kiss to her cheek as he grabbed her suitcase and lifted it into the trunk. He closed the trunk, and slipped into the driver's seat of the silver Jeep. He had borrowed Grover's car for the trip, because the Prius was a tad small for all the things they were going to do. ;)

As soon as he sat down, Piper pulled him in for a kiss. Her lips were soft, warm, and perfect. Her kiss felt like home, and he wouldn't mind dying if this is how he went out.

After a minute, Piper broke the kiss, pulling back for air. "Drive." She gasped, still trying to catch some much needed oxygen. And that's what Percy did. He stepped on the gas, driving out of Piper's driveway and onto the main road.

Piper plugged her phone into the USB cord in Grover's Jeep. She was surprised at the lack of silver Prius, but at the same time, she was grateful for the extra room. She loved Percy, but his car is small.

Piper turned on her Spotify, playing the roadtrip playlist she'd been creating for the last couple of weeks. It was thirty hours long, so Piper hoped that she didn't have to go through it twice. The first song to come on when she pressed shuffle, was Believer by Imagine Dragons.

"First things first, Imma say all the words inside my head." Percy whooped, and started singing along to the song. Piper joined him, and started laughing at all the lyrics she butchered. "Fallin' like ashes to the ground, hopin' my feelings, they would drown. But they never did, ever-lived, ebbing and flowing, inhibited, limited, till it broke up and it rained down... It rained down. Percy nailed the rap part and laughed at the stereo. "I worked so hard on that part during choir last year!" He yelled over the music, and pumped his fists. Piper laughed at his antics.

When the song ended, Piper turned the music off, and turned toward him, placing her feet on the center console. She wore her Chocos into the car, but when she sat down, she slipped them off. She had on jean cut offs, and a Panama City Beach t-shirt for the comfort of the soft cotton.

Percy rubbed his hands down his girlfriend's legs in a comforting way. "What's up, babe?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road. "Let's go to Disney World!" Piper said, making him look at her in surprise. "Umm, okay. We can go when we make our way from Tampa to Daytona Beach. Then we can head up to Mobile, up through Alabama on 65, then get on 85 'till we reach 95 in Richmond on our way back."

"Oh, let's go through Selma, and take a picture of Edmund Pettis for Annie. She'd love that."

Percy smiled, and finally looked at his girlfriend, taking his eyes off the road for a split second. Hopefully, she would become his fiance by the end of this expedition. Percy smiled at the weight of the ring in his pocket. This was going to be an unforgettable vacation.