one

The rain is a harmonious holy terror.

Harmonious for I met you in the heavy rain.
Harmonious for the petrichor that wrapped us around with fate.
Harmonious for its rhythmic pitter-patter that walked with our footsteps.

Holy terror because it led you to me.
Holy terror because it hid our tears that day.
Holy terror because the sky rumbled in animosity.

On the 17th of December, I rushed into the hotel while running away from my family.
 "How may I help you?" the receptionist asked sweetly as if this hotel may cure everything, as if she was oblivious to my drenched and trembling self, as if the gash on my cheek didn't exist.

Just before I could answer her, you entered my life.
"I want to book a room with a single bed please," your voice was wavering but I could hardly notice that over my own frantic breaths.
"Your name, please?"
"Na Jaemin."

"Okay Na Jaemin, you may wait on the sofa there," she pointed towards the dingy couch and I watched him nod curtly and sit while staring into the oblivion.
"And you mister, what would you be in need of?"
"A single room too please."
"Your name?"

"Lee Jeno."

She made me sit on the ugly couch too.

Both of us were wrapped in our own thoughts. Both of us held the weight of the sky on our shoulders. None of us dared to look at each other.

"I am sorry but we are completely booked today, sirs," she rolled the last word nicely.

"HOWEVER," she signalled us to stop us from leaving, "there IS one room available so if you do not mind sharing just for today I promise I will  cut the hotel fees by half."

I smiled. I hardly had any money on me and this deal was it. I looked towards the man beside me. He was unkempt from the rain but his beauty was blinding. Deep in thought he slowly said "I agree to it if he does," he pointed towards my direction.

"I do." 

And so, destiny laughed at us with a thunderous boom while she watched our theatric melodrama play out.