[2] Lost out big.

Dec's POV.

1/9/25

As we pull up to Wembley, I get the same sinking feeling in my stomach that I do every time I see him. 'I've got to pretend that we're just friends,' I think, 'Even though he doesn't know I want anything different.'. It hurts inside how I constantly have to hide my feelings for him, because if he knew we would be ruined. Who would want to watch us presenting a tv show if we were...together? I doubt many people would. And anyway, everyone knows he's not the same way I am. It's pointless even trying, my feelings don't make sense. I should...I should just get married and have kids, and act like nothing ever happened.

The driver opens the door for me and I get out as he says, "We have reached ITV studios, Mr. Donnelly sir." I thank him for driving and shake his hand, surreptitiously passing him a £50 tip. "Thank you very much, Mr. Donnelly sir." I walk up the pathway towards the revolving door and enter the building, greeted by Sandra, the receptionist, who has a very obvious crush on me. "Hey, cutie."
"Sandra, I have already told you I am not interested. I am very sorry."
"Aww come onnnn, just one dinner?"
"Sandra, I said no! Now when am I due in makeup?"
"Ugh, you're no fun Declan. You were supposed to be there at 9:30am. And you've lost out big."
I checked the time. It said 10:12am. I run towards makeup and burst through the door.
"Sorry I'm late!"
"Mr. Donnelly, you're here! Now we should still have time to do the usual, I'll just have to speed it up a little." says Natasha, the makeup artist.
"Wait."
"Is something wrong, Mr. Donnelly?"
I dont hear anything else of the conversation because I am lost in my thoughts. Shouldn't I be my true self for the audience, for Ant? Surely they all wouldn't mind...and anyway, I need to speak to Ant. I guess I should tell him, otherwise I'll be hiding this for the rest of my life.
"Mr Donnelly, are you ok?"
"Mr Donnelly?"
"Sorry, Natasha, I was just daydreaming for a moment there. I think I am going to go all natural today and skip my makeup session thank you."
Then I walked out the door, straight down the corridor to Ant's dressing room. I tried to resist the urge to burst through the door but, being polite, I knocked.
────── 〔✿〕──────
a/n: hey , i hope you are enjoying it ! thoughts on sandra ?