❀ - "Pancakes and Denial"

~

POV - Whitty

~

I sat there, trying to remember how Carol cooked those pancakes. She first poured the batter in the pan, right? I grabbed the batter and poured it in the pan as it started to sizzle. “Morning, Whitty! I'm gonna go out to get some things with Sarv, you gonna be okay here with Ruv for a little bit..?” she asked me.

I nodded, not listening too much. “...are you trying to cook pancakes again?” Carol grabbed a bag. I nodded, kind of pathetic when it comes to culinary skills. “You poured the batter in, correct?” she asked, seemingly still getting ready to leave.

“Yeah..” I nodded as the pancake sizzled. She looked up at me. “Grab the spatula and flip the pancake.” Carol continued. I grabbed the spatula and picked up the pancake, flipping it. “Good, then you get a plate while its cooking, and pick it up again, then put it on the plate.”

I did as she said putting the pancake onto a plate. “And then you have breakfast.” she smiled, putting on her shoes. “I did it.. I cooked a pancake!” I smiled proud of myself. I grabbed more pancake mix and poured it in the pan, as nobody can survive on one pancake. Especially not me.

Sarv suddenly came into the kitchen in a nice pink sweater with long sleeves. I could have sworn I saw horns poking out of her strawberry pink colored hair, but they faded away the next time I looked. “Ready to go, Sarv?” Carol asked.

“Yep!.. Wait what are we getting again?” she questioned. “a few groceries, snacks for our next Adam Sandler movie, then we'll get lunch, probably see Sunday, then we'll come back around 1 p.m.” the poofy-haired girl reminded her. “Oh! Right! Well what are we waiting for, let's go!!” Sarvente quickly grabbed Carol's hand and rushed out of the house.

“Oh- eh okay- We'll be back soon Whitty!” She waved before grabbing her bag and shutting the door behind her. “..alright then, back to cooking pancakes!” I yawned before flipping two more pancakes onto my plate and turning off the stove.

As I poured syrup on the pancake stack, I suddenly jumped, hearing someone say, “..Can I have some?...”

I turned around to see Ruv, dark circles under his eyes and his jacket off. “Shit, you scared me half to death.. Sure, but my pancakes aren't as good as Carol's.” I warned him. He shrugged, sitting down next to my chair.

~

Timeskip

~

I sat down Ruv's pancakes. “You ever had pancakes before...?” I asked, eating mine. Ruv looked at it like a puppy and a confusing toy. “..No..” he answered.

“You poor thing...” I slightly joked. “Why? Is it some life changing magic food that'll solve all my problems?” He asked. “Well, it doesn't solve problems,” I took a bite of my own. “But it does numb them.” I sighed calmly.

Ruv looked back down at the pancakes and stuck his fork into a bite sized peice. He stuck his tongue out and tasted it slightly. His eyes widened quickly and he bit down, eating the pancake. “Это так хорошо..” He uttered, trying to speak through bites. Hold on, did he just speak another language-??

Before I knew it, Ruv had finished his pancakes. I stared at him. “Damn, I guess you really like pancakes. Do you want more?” I asked. Ruv looked down at his plate and then looked back up at me.
“..yes.” he stated. “Alright..” I stood up and went back over to the stove. Ruv got up, too and stood next to me as I cooked.

Eventually, we just stayed at the stove, I would set a pancake on the plate, and Ruv would eat it effective immidiately. I was so much focused on this cycle that I hadn't notice Ruv had laid his head on my arm. He was only shorter than me by a foot and a half, but it was still kinda cute nonetheless.

~

POV - Ruv

~

“..aaaaand, we're out of pancake mix.” Whitty concluded. “..already?..” I looked at him. He pat my head. “Yep, i'm sure Carol and Sarv will get some more at the store though, so don't worry.” Whitty went to the livingroom and sat on the couch, turning on the t.v.

I looked at my empty plate, then at Whitty, and went to join him. I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder, still kind of tired. “...Did you not sleep or something?” Whitty asked me, not moving me off of him. “..I slept with my eyes open...” I explained. “My body got sleep, but my eyes didn't..” I slightly shuttered.

“I'm no expert, but maybe you should sleep, then.” I felt him pat my head again. I just knew that my hair was sticking out of my hat now..

“..But it's almost 10 a.m... people don't sleep at 10 a.m....” I growled, trying not to fall asleep. “Sleep's good for you, Ruv. Just take a short nap at least.” he told me. I sighed and closed my eyes, doing as Whitty asked of me.