1

Emma's POV:

I knock hard on Regina's front door. She opens up pretty quickly. 

"What?"She asks. 

"Can we talk about this or are you just gonna keep running away from me?"

"What is there to talk about? I can't have you, you know that."

"So we're just gonna drop what we fought so hard for and not even try?"

"What other choice do we have exactly?"

"Oh I don't know, going against the odds like we always do."

"That's dangerous. I can't put you in that kind of danger. Not if there's another option."

"I'm not just going to give up. You and I both know that we're in love with each other. You're just refusing to believe you're allowed to be in love with someone."

"You don't have to tell me you're in love with me, alright? I know. But let's face it, if we actually pursue this, we will be shunned by quite literally everyone. You're the savior and I'm the goddamn evil queen. What don't you understand about that?"

"You're not evil. I do understand the stereotypes we've been given. Trust me, I do. You don't have to remind me."

"Clearly I do. You won't stop chasing this goddamn pipe dream that you and I could ever be together."

I just shake my head and kiss her hard. She rests her hands on the sides of my face.  When we pull away she just takes my hand in hers and pulls me inside. I shut her front door behind us. 

"Can you say for sure that nothing will happen to us?"She asks. 

"No. But I can promise that we can be happy together. I can promise that you'll never be alone again if you let me be with you."

"Damn you."

I rest one hand on her cheek. She leans into it. 

"Please just say yes. Stop fighting me."I say. 

"Okay. Only because I know that I need you more than I can fight."

I just pull her close. She tucks her head in the crook of my neck and wraps her arms around me. I lightly scratch her head with one hand and wrap my other arm around her. 

"I love you so much."I say. 

"I love you too."

I kiss the top of her head.