𝔦.

2 September 2018 | Chicago, Illinois

She didn't look worse for wear, but her body aching says otherwise. The ring rust has come to haunt her it seems. Even after all was said and done, the rest of the night was filled with adrenaline still, the roar of the crowd that still recognized her, and the promise of what was to come in the horizon even if it was her swan song made it all worth it.

"You look like a trainwreck." The greeting given to her by her best friend was quickly retorted with a middle finger.

She had the misfortune of having a bestfriend like Tony Khan, but it was good for times like this--when they were about to make a revolution.

Her eyes lingered in her shared hotel room with the man, thinking that this wasn't the best place to finally introduce herself to the mastermind behind the new company. With her bird nest hair and the ratty shirt and sweatpants, this wasn't the kind of first impression she would want to make.

Accepting the coffee handed to her by her best friend, she smiled at the smell of vanilla and cinnamon, her day was slowly getting better.

"What time are they heading here?" She inquired, nursing the warmth of the to-go cup in her palms.

"An hour or two." Tony responded, making himself comfortable on the couch, facing the bed. A smile was on his stupid face as he knew very well why the sudden question.

"Tony, don't." She warned, finally finding herself up on her two feet. Tessa Blanchard and Britt Baker really did a number on her as she could barely feel her lower regions.

"I didn't say anything." He grinned, hands up in the air in surrender.

It wasn't the fact that this will be the first time she would be introduced as part of the new company that made her this nervous, it was the man that was part of her past. A past she herself wasn't sure she had moved on from after everything.

Tyson Smith.

Even with just the name, it had brought far too many painful memories for her. She had to cut off almost everyone she had considered friends with in wrestling because of him. Now, out of the blue, she was here, one of the two masterminds behind the operation for the uprising.

"I'm taking a shower, Bologne." She muttered, avoiding the throw pillow projectile at her because of the childhood name.

Might as well prepare herself for what was to come this morning.

~

His body was screaming at him to rest. But he couldn't. After the grueling match against Pentagon, things had been progressing more than he had ever thought possible in this new--chance. Following the Bucks and Cody, all four of them made their way to a specific hotel room in Chicago, to meet the two individuals responsible for the new future for the rest of them.

"I've never met Tony Khan's business partner before. Anything we need to know about him?" Matt inquired.

"She's Tony's right hand woman. She's the one that convinced Shahid to give our idea a fighting chance."

She. Tyson tried his best to keep his worry to himself. Meetings had always been with Tony, his father, and the rest of his team, never had there been a conversation of another member of the executives, aside from the Khan family. The cloak and dagger was something he didn't appreciate and it wasn't building his confidence any more than what it was in this very moment.

"Dana met her once actually. Said she was actually the one responsible for the show being on TNT in the near future." Matt explained.

Knowing Matt's wife, knowing the intuition the woman had, it brought a momentary peace in him that this might be alright. Eventually they found themselves in front of the hotel room. Cody knocked on the door and the last person he could ever see behind the door was there.

Frankie Gibson.

In a Golden Elite Merch shirt and pajama shorts, she still looked like the first time he had ever seen her. The moment he had ever fallen so madly and deeply in love with her. The bright smile that rested on her lips as she opened the door wide for them.

For a moment, he had tried thinking that they were in the wrong room, but the sight of Tony Khan lounging on the couch reading whatever was on his laptop, things started to make sense--while also making things more confusing for him.

"Good to finally have a name to a face."

"You're acting like we didn't live together for years."

The retort from the woman earned a questionable look from his friends and the bigger smile on Tony's own face because of it.

"You two know each other?" Nick inquired.

"No."

"Yes."

The contradiction response from the two of them made it even more complicated than it actually was. No one was made aware of their relationship in the past, and not now when they've broken up and went their separate ways.

"Oh so it's going to be like this, Smith?"