𝔦𝔦𝔦.

3 October 2018 | Jacksonville, Florida

In a blink of an eye, she finds herself finishing with setting up her office. What was to be her new office for what would be the AEW base. Her office was by far bigger than she had ever had back in her former office in her father's company.

She couldn't help herself. Placing an array of different memorabilia of her time wrestling in Japan and in the Independent Scene on one side of the wall. Several belts, photos, and a handful of the masks she had once worn in her time in Japan.

It brought so many memories she would often reminisce on. The life she had once lived, now but a distant memory as she begins creating a better world for not only herself but for each and every wrestler that had needed a fighting chance.

The Filipina-Chicago Native could only do so much, at this moment. The life she had once lived, no longer something she had to endure, something she had to place to rest and to simply remember when her days in corporate were busy and her nights were filled with emptiness and silence.

"Hey,"

Breaking her attention away from the memorabilia, she turned to the owner of the voice. Tony had one the familiar smile that was far too infections in her time of dread. The man doesn't know it, but she owes her second chance in the wrestling world thanks to him. His idea, that he wanted her to be a part of. A future she never thought she could ever make for herself, even with her boots already hung up.

"Hey Bologna." She teased earning an eye roll from the man.

Letting himself further into her office, Tony had also taken a moment to look at all the pictures and all of the belts that were now mounted on the wall. A blast from her tragic past.

"Think you're ready for the first official meeting?" Tony asked, beaming from ear to ear.

Was she? As much as she would like to collaborate more with the people that would make this plan into a reality, the reality that would finally come as soon as they make things official with the signings of executives. One of which was a man that had been much of a fixture in her past.

"I don't think I would ever be ready, Tons." She spoke honestly, turning to face her best friend from birth— the brother she never had, and the shoulder she had cried on with the tragedy of her relationship and her career in WWE.

"Of course you will. You didn't actually make a shit ton of logo designs if you weren't ready, Al." Tony snorts, resting his hand on her shoulders. "I know it's hard, you've got so much you left behind here, not just wrestling but a few friends along the way too."

"I sometimes feel like I'm betraying them because of the truth I've hidden." She shrugged as she rested her head against her best friend's shoulder. "But it's not like I had a choice."

Everyone knew that she lived well off, but never knowing the extent of it. Knowing that her family was incomparably wealthier than all of the McMahon's combined. It was a secret she thought she could keep as much as she could— to blindside far too many people when her name had been brought into discussion in the business world, as well as her association with one Tony Khan and the rest of his family.

"You never betrayed anyone, Al. Don't think of yourself like that."

Wrapping her arms around her best friend, she needed more than those words to finally dispel the doubt still lingering in her mind.

"Promise?"

"With my life and soul, Al." Tony wrapped his own arms around her, the comfort she has been craving for months now leading into this new journey. "Don't worry too much, you got me, you got four people we both trusted a hundred million dollar investment on."

She smiled, finally pulling away from the man. It was no secret nor was the amount the both of them had to put out to start the company a laughing matter. One hundred million dollars from their own pocket each, that was the amount of faith they had for this company.

"You're right." She chuckled, resting her forehead against his chest. "They're gonna change the landscape of wrestling, I just know it."

If All In was an indicator of what the four of them were capable of producing, she was more curious of what more they can create with a running machine backing them up.

"We got it, Al." Tony patted her back as she slid her arms around his waist, crushing him into a bear hug. "Jesus, Althea." he whined trying his best to break free from her hold.

She broke into an obnoxious laughter at Tony's expense as he had now directed his attention on tickling her sides but she was maintaining her grip on her best friend's waist going as far as lifting him off of his own feet.

"Sorry for interrupting—"

Abruptly letting go of Tony, her head jerked to the owner of the voice and the sight of one Kenny Omega was the last thing she would have expected to see with her antics with Tony. Here she thought this couldn't be more awkward.

~

The first thing Kenny had noticed when he had arrived in her office wasn't the way she was acting with one Tony Khan. But the way her Christian Louboutin's accentuated her legs. The way the five-inch heels gave her an air of the world he wasn't so familiar with even in the six years of their relationship together.

Old money. That was the best way he could describe her. The only daughter of Media Mogul Billionaire, Frank G. Bradley. A man whose net worth was incomparable to the likes of Shahid Khan or Vince McMahon combined. The heiress that was destined to inherit the family business.

"Cody and the Bucks are already here?" Tony was the one to break the silence. A smile on his lips, trying his best as much as Kenny and he was sure, even Frankie, to break the awkwardness of being caught in such a compromising position.

But why did he care? They were not together. Five years since they called it quits with their relationship.

"Yeah, we got onto the earliest flight." Kenny responded looking everywhere but her, and his attention led him to the wall that mounted the wall.

All of her belts, knickknacks, and photos he knew all too well the stories of. The noticeable thinking about them was he was never part of it. All the pictures they had shared in Japan were nowhere to be seen. For all the best reasons not to. A ghost of her painful past. Nothing more and nothing less.

"You boys should get going first. Still need to answer a few more emails from Dad." she said, turning her back away from them. Gentle steps brought her back to her glass desk.

Only now did Kenny notice the array of files that piled in her desk. The amount of colored tabs that littered the sides and top of the documents made him break into a smile. Then there were some things that never change it seems.

"Also, I've got two people also joining the meeting, hope you guys can spare me a few minutes since they're running late." she smirked, catching him staring.

"Who?" He couldn't help himself from asking.

"It's a surprise." She winked turning her attention to her email and it made him wonder what more could she have under sleeves at this point.

"Oh don't threaten us with a good time, Babe."