"Late Night Conversations"

Spencer and Liv started doing facetime calls on nights he was stuck in Crenshaw for early football training.

"Hey I can't see your face" said Liv chuckling while laying down on her bed. Spencer was trying to hurry up shaving his face before turning on his front camera. "Alright...I was hiding because I didn't want you to see shaving cream all over my face" said Spencer feeling embarrassed. Liv grinned hard at Spencer's foam covered face. "I didn't even know you shaved this often" said Liv holding in her laugh. Spencer wiped his face off with a warm cloth and put on after shave.

"Okay now I'm free...Now what were you asking me about before?" asked Spencer raising his eyebrow grinning. He put the phone on his nightstand while shuffling through his closet and packing his bag. Liv watched his back muscles constantly flex and secretly enjoyed the view. "Okay how many batman shirts do you have Spencer?" asked Liv giggling. Spencer loved hearing Liv laugh because she always managed to lighten his mood even after a tough day in football training. "Liv I have to be ready for when you light the bat signal" replied Spencer flirtatiously. Liv bit her bottom lip when Spencer turned around with his muscular chest. "Well would if I lit the bat signal for tomorrow night?" asked Liv shyly. Spencer tapped his finger over his mouth and cheesed hard. "Deal! I'll be over after football but can't promise I'll smell good" said Spencer shrugging. "Well you always smell good to me" Liv blurted out. She immediately became red in the face when Spencer glanced toward the phone. "Well full disclosure...I always use your cucumber melon body wash when I stay the night" said Spencer before quickly turning around. He could feel Liv glaring him up and down. "You're lucky I'm not in Crenshaw right now" said Liv playfully. 

Liv walked to the bathroom to do her nighttime facial routine. She did a deep face mask and exfoliated her skin every night before bed. "Wow...I'm happy I'm a guy" said Spencer watching her rub the cream on her face. "What? I like having clear skin" said Liv smiling. "Yeah you do have perfect skin" said Spencer sensually. Liv laughed and changed the subject to the recent movies they watched. "Can we please watch a rom-com when you come over tomorrow?" asked Liv with her lips poked out. She knew Spencer couldn't resist when she looked cute. "Liv you don't have to beg me to watch a rom-com...Besides it'll be nice to watch something other than rich reality TV mom's" replied Spencer shaking his head. Liv beamed into the phone before rinsing her face off and crawling into bed for the night. She snuggled with her teddy bear and Spencer realized he never saw her with it when he was there. "Where'd you get that stuffed animal at anyways?" asked Spencer watching Liv be adorable. "Well it was at a carnival in Florida...I won a different animal and Jordan dropped it in a puddle...So he won this one for me and I named him Chester " said Liv holding him close. "That's cute...I us-" Spencer immediately tried to save himself from getting teased by Liv, but it was too late. "Wait you have a stuffed animal too...I want to see it" said Liv with a begging tone. "I actually gave him to Dillon...His name was Bunny" said Spencer grinning while watching Liv. "You know I'm going to you tease about this forever right?" Liv asked while holding in her laughter. "Yeah...So what did you do today?" asked Spencer while giving Liv his undivided attention. 

"I worked on some designs for my podcast stuff and organized my closet" said Liv blushing. She loved how much Spencer always cared about her day. "I know your private with your art...But will you show me one day?" asked Spencer warmly. Liv grinned nervously because no one asked to see it before besides Jordan during their family counseling session. "I will...One day" said Liv shyly. Spencer knew Liv was very closed off from most people but always seemed to be her true self around him. "How was football?" asked Liv while fluffing her pillows. Spencer hesitated to answer because of the drama with his teammates. "It was cool" replied Spencer with a false tone. Liv could always sense when Spencer needed to talk but wouldn't say how he was really feeling. "Are you okay? I'm asking that because I can tell you need to get something off your chest" she said looking Spencer straight in the eyes. "It's just...Some of my teammates lost respect for me after I transferred to Beverly last year...I don't know how I'll get it back" replied Spencer deeply exhaling. "Spencer...Of course they're going to give you a hard time...You played with the team that beat them in the state championship...Just give it some time" said Liv trying her best to encourage him. Spencer took in her advice and felt at ease because she always knew how to calm him down. 

"So...I was thinking you could come to practice tomorrow and we could get ice cream or something afterwards before heading to Beverly" said Spencer casually. He didn't want to tell Liv he missed her directly so he was sly about it. "Sounds good to me...I don't really have any plans tomorrow besides being forced to watch Jordan and Simone eat each other's faces" replied Liv giggling. "Oh and remember I am the coaches daughter...So I know a thing or two about football and will be watching you closely" said Liv pointing to Spencer through the phone. "Ight... I'll be watching you from the field cheer me on" said Spencer winking. He was excited to show off in front of Liv on the field. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you Kia is planning another park clean up this weekend and I signed you up already" said Liv excitedly. Spencer snuggled under his sheets and smiled at Liv. "I'll be there..." said Spencer yawning. "Well I'll let you go because I know you have an early morning" said Liv watching Spencer's eyes struggle to stay open. "Nah...We can keep talking... I'm good" said Spencer quickly. They continued to talk about more volunteer events coming up in Crenshaw over the next few weeks. "I'm also thinking about teach-" Liv was interrupted by Spencer's light snoring on the other end. He fell asleep facing the camera and Liv watched him with loving eyes for a few minutes before hanging up. "Goodnight Spencer" whispered Liv. Spencer spoke in his sleep and rolled over. "Night Liv" said Spencer.

Liv was ecstatic about spending the day with Spencer in Crenshaw. Talking to him right before bed helped her fall asleep and always made her feel safe.