The Beginning and the End

“Wow! Look at you. It looks like the dress were perfectly made for you!”  Dianne – my best friend exclaimed.

I look at myself in the mirror and was mesmerize in my beauty with the white dress I am wearing. Dianne wasn’t lying, it’s like the dress was perfectly made for me. Or for her.

“Yeah! Except that it was really made for you,” I tell her.

She just chuckled. “Who cares? I like seeing you wearing that. My designer was really right after all. It will be beautiful and gorgeous,” she said.

“Who was your designer by the way? The details of this gown were very intricate, and to top it all, the description that I want for my wedding gown can be found in this dress,” I said without thinking while looking to myself at the mirror. “Can I have this after your wedding, I just, I like wearing it in my wedding day,” I added.

“Absolutely! A hundred percent sure it will be yours in that day,” my best friend said with her eyes beaming.

“I can’t believe that you will get married in no time,” I said to her. “My best friend is going to be a wife.”

“Don’t worry! In no time, you will also be a wife . . . and a mother” Dianne said to assure me.

“Do you think so?” I asked her. Dianne and I were talking about how our wedding should looked like since we were college girls, and now we are in our near thirties. We talked about the designs of gown, how the venue should look like, the set-up of the church and lots of it together with one of our friends, Dave. But Dave just seem to tell us if that would be necessary or not. And right now, I am helping Dianne to get her dream wedding. A wedding that is worth remembering every step of the way.

“Yeah!” she smiled. “Do you want to know my intuition?” she asked mischievously.

“Should I?” I asked her back. I know that she have a good intuition. I just don’t know how she do such things.

“Yeah! You should,” she answered. “But first, you should change to your clothes,” and she help me back to the dressing room. After changing, Dianne talk to the boutique shop owner and then we walked in the nearest coffee shop.

“And now my intuition,” she started as we grab our own - coffee for her and tea for me. “You will not have a long engagement at all,” she said straightly and I know that it can really happen the way she tell it, there's no hint of joke. ”Is that okay for you?” she asked me.

“It will be, as long as we have plenty of time to get my wedding day the way we have yours,” I answered smiling.

“Then, we can settle that” she said smiling.

“Do you really think . . . That Rico will asked me the same thing Dylan asked you for?” I asked.

“Yeah sure!” she said straightforward. “I don’t think it will be for long, maybe she will asked you when she get back her in the Philippines or maybe a day before my wedding day. Just don’t he dare do it on my wedding day’ you know how important that day was,”

“Yeah, I know” I said to him with a laugh.

For the following weeks, Dianne and I are becoming more and more prepared for the wedding. We came to the florist together, to the photographer, to the venue and of course, we go to the airport together with Dylan to fetch Rico who just got home from Paris. Dylan asked Rico to be her bestman for the wedding that’s why Rico went home a month earlier before the wedding.

“Welcome back!” Dianne said while hugging Rico.

“Thank you!” he smiled and releases his self from Dianne’s hug. And then he turned to my side and hug me, “How was my baby out here?” he asked me as I Hugged him back.