Chapter Three

"Watch the step!" Chica warned, as she held onto Freddy's hand that was wrapped around her shoulder. The bear couldn't help but grin and slowly shake his head at seeing how she seemed to be treating him like some fragile china doll. "Let me get the door." Gold offered from just next to the couple, as they went up the porch steps. Chica handed him the keys from her own hand. Using them, Gold unlocked the front door. Once it was open, the bear stepped aside to let the other two in. Then, he too went inside, closing the door behind himself.

"Cupcake!" Carl happily greeted from the small bench by the front door. Not expecting to be greeted by a sentient cupcake upon entering the unfamiliar house, Freddy was unsure how to react. So, he instead gave a small friendly smile. Chica reached her hand to her cupcake companion, and then brought him up to her shoulder. "You don't remember Carl either, do you?" She asked somewhat sadly, already knowing what Freddy's answer would be. "Sorry." He replied, his friendly smile turning apologetic. "That's... ok." Chica tried to assure him, as she lead Freddy into the living area.

"Is anyone else thirsty?" Gold wondered from the entryway of the living room where he stood. "How does lemonade sound?" Chica offered, trying to sound more cheery than she was feeling. Freddy gave an affirming nod, while his brother did the same. "Ok then, just give me a minute." Chica excused, as she made her way out of the living room and towards the kitchen.

While she did, Gold went to sit next to his younger brother--who was currently try to make himself comfortable with a throw pillow. "How's your chest feelin'?" He asked, referring to the broken ribs Freddy had sustained, as he saw how cautiously the younger bear was moving. "It still aches." Freddy answered, finally sitting comfortably. Gold gave him a sympathetic smile following the answer.

After they'd fallen quiet again, the golden bear noticed the pondering look on his brother's face. "What're you thinkin' about?" He wondered. Freddy's pondering look faded a bit, before he answered. "I..." He paused, the pondering look dissipating completely. "It's nothing." He dismissed, just as Chica came back with some cups of lemonade. "Cupcake!" Carl announced, obviously to get the brother's attention about the beverages.

Once she'd given the glasses of lemonade to the two brothers, Chica's move to sit was interrupted by a knock on the door. Putting down her own glass of lemonade, Chica called out with, "Coming!"

Going back to the front entry way, Chica grabbed the handle to open the door. "Hey, Chica." Bonnie greeted upon the door being opened. Chica smiled. "Hi Bonnie. Come in." She offered, holding the door open for her friend. As the bunny came into the front entryway, Chica spoke up again. "Would you like some lemonade?" With a smile, Bonnie gave her a nod. "I'd love some."

Before making her way back to the kitchen, Chica informed Bonnie that Freddy and Gold were just in the living room. Then, the two made their way to each room. "Hey, Freddy." Bonnie greeted, as he saw the bear's curious sapphire eyes make contact with his own fuchsia colored eyes. "Hello." The bear, in return, greeted, all while trying to conceal his tone of curiosity.

"Do, um... Do you remember me?" Freddy gave the bunny a searching look. "I''m Bonnie." The bunny introduced, hoping his friend would remember something. While trying to hold back a mildly frustrate sigh, Freddy finally spoke up. "I'm afraid not... I'm sorry."
"Don't be!" Bonnie quickly told him, just as Chica came back with his glass of lemonade. Thanking her again, Bonnie watched as Chica sat down by Freddy and Gold. Then, the bunny also found a seat in the living room.

"So... I guess it'd be a good idea if you were to tell me about yourself?" The question immediately brought a memory to Bonnie's mind. One from all those years ago when the gang first met. Despite the circumstances at the time, the memory was still a pleasant one to recall.

"So, those two in the basement were your old pals?" Freddy nodded in response to Bonnie's question, before elaborating. "Fredbear is my older brother. SpringBonnie played in his band, and is basically like a brother to us." He shortly explained, to which the bunny gave a small nod of understanding.

"So, Bonnie, tell me a bit about yourself." Freddy requested. Bonnie thought for a moment before answering. "Not much to tell," He started, in a lower tone. "Other than I can't wait to start performin' for the guests!" The bunny's tone suddenly rose, excitement obviously lacing his words. Freddy simply smiled in return, nearly letting out a chuckle of amusement.

"Ok, so, I'm guessin' that anything you know about performin', you've probably learned from your brother?" Bonnie wondered, receiving a nod of affirmation. "Everything I know about performing, Gold taught me." Bonnie smiled. "Speaking of performing," Freddy started. "You seem to be real good at the guitar. Tell me, have you always been able to play that good?" Bonnie gave a half sincere nod. "I would practice a lot in my spare time before we were brought here. I could easily loose myself while playin'."

"Well, then, you're obviously very passionate about it." Bonnie nodded, as his smile grew a bit more. "Absolutely!"

Letting out a small sigh, Bonnie thought back. He took a moment to organize his thoughts and to keep his emotions in check, as he tried to think of where to start. Never in a million years would the bunny have ever thought he'd have to re-introduce himself to one of his closest friends. The whole reality of the situation left him feeling a bit hurt, and a bit mad.

"Well..."