The Nether Prince and The Young God

Eret sat atop the mahogany-colored wall, gazing at the vast lava lakes around them. Off towards the west, the Warped Forest could be seen. It's landscape painted with peacock blues and hunter greens, vines hanging down from the lush leaves of the trees, and twisting up the ocean-shaded trunks. In the east, the Crimson Forest grew, with its garnet and ruby red plants and vines. 

How could The Nether hold so much color, yet be so dull?

This was a question Eret had asked themselves many times before. The question had also been posed to their father, King Herobrine, Ruler of The Nether. 

When asked, the King only responded, "Why do questions need an answer?". 

Why do they? Is it because curiosity overpowers the mind? Or is it because people want their answer to be the right one?

Either way, Eret wanted to know the truth. They needed to know the truth. Otherwise, their mind would continue to make them believe that it was because they were alone and sheltered from the world. 

"Eret?"

A voice came behind them.

Turning around, they saw who had spoken. It was their older brother, George. George was the Captain of the Guard, having chosen to serve his kingdom by fighting away monsters to protect it. The Royal Guard is composed of many soldiers, and three positions of power: The Captain, the Lieutenant, and the Sergeant. George had appointed his two closest friends to the positions. Dream, who was Half-God, Half-Ghastling, had been chosen to be the Lieutenant. He seemed very close with Eret's older brother, and Eret suspected there might have been something more going on between the two of them. Every time Eret asked, George blushed and avoided the question, which was only more evidence to Eret's theory. The position of Sergeant went to Sapnap, who was is Half-Blaze, Half-Demon, making him a Fire Demon. The three were known as The Dream Team.

"Oh... Hey George."

Eret spoke, wavering slightly at their brother.  

"What are you doing up here all alone?"

George hopped up onto the netherbrick wall, and sat down next to Eret. His metallic goggles were pushed up onto his forehead, revealing his eyes; purely a bright white, and glowing with a magical light. Eret looked back at their brother with the same glowing eyes.

"I'm just watching."

Eret sighed.

"Watching what?"

"The world."

George rested his hand on their shoulder.

"This is only a fragment of what is out there. You know that."

Eret didn't respond, looking away.

"What's on your mind?"

George removed the quiver of arrows from his back, setting them and his bow beside him.

"Why do I have to be the Monarch?"

Eret's voice shook, tears in their eyes. They clearly had been thinking about this for a while. 

"Why do I have to rule the Nether, chained to this futile castle, while you get to run off and explore the world?"

A single tear streamed down Eret's cheek, yet they managed to keep their face and body seemingly emotionless. Hiding your feelings was something the family of Netherian Royalty was naturally gifted at, but that didn't mean they couldn't feel things. Eret seemed to be breaking facade at the moment,

Despite George not being the best at comforting, he extended his arms to pull his younger sibling into his arms, resting their head against his chest.