Chapter 2

From one roof top to the next , the group of assassin's traveled swiftly through the night . Night raid , what were they doing here . Could they be about to assassinate some high ranking officials . Whatever they were gonna do I know that it's gonna be dangerous to be near when it happens . There's a chance that if I get in the way they will kill me without hesitation .

So I decided I needed to hurry home and I started running . While being careful not to let the group know I was around .

My feet smashed into the ground as I ran as fast as possible . Powering on even though puddles . The water flew in all directions out the way as my feet collided with the puddles that were lying on the floor .

I was breathing quickly as my heart beated faster than ever before . Then suddenly a shadow figure Landed in front of me . So I tensed my legs which caused me to slip and fall over . From where I was sat on the floor , I looked up to see a boy wearing a dark cloak . Green hair was visible in-between his face and hood . His green cat-like eyes glared straight at me . Causing a confused expression to appear on my face . " We've gotta get going idiot " A small girl with pink hair and a matching dress yelled at the boy who was looking at me and he turned around and ran off .

They left me standing in the street looking at them running off into the distance . So the rumours about them only going after high ranking officials must be true . Otherwise they would have harmed me . Or they might just not see me as much of a threat . I'm around the same height as the girl with the pink hair from earlier . So although I am a decent fighter , they probably don't think that .

I stood up slowly , still confused about what happened just now . One foot at a time I strided home because I was scared to look back .

Time skip : at Alex's house
Alex's pov

Once inside my house I took my jacket off and hung it on a hook next to the front door . Then I walked up stairs to my room and looked out the window in hope that I would see the infamous assassins .

And there they stood on what looked like a giant spider web . They were near the forest by the edge of town . I'm pretty sure one of the wealthy families owns it . So that reassured me a bit about what happened earlier .

They don't go after commoners like me . But the question running through my mind was ' what did that family do to deserve that . Everyone of us commoners knows that the high ranking officials that get targeted by the assassins always get what they deserve . We all know they have something to hide . All of us except other high ranking citizens .

As I looked back out the window I saw one of the members who seemed to be holding a katana jump down . Their hair rushed down after them like a waterfall . One by one , the other figures jump down out of view from my eyes . So I decided I would now go to sleep .

Time skip : a week later
Alex's pov

" Are you crazy " Eric jumped down off the rock as he looked at me confused . I had just told my friend that I was planning to enlist in the military after my next birthday . His reaction wasn't a shock to me . I knew he would be shocked . But what can i say joining the military is a family thing and if i do join i can find my big brother . I haven't seen my brother since he supposedly became a traitor to the empire . Which i don't believe to be true .

On my next birthday I will be old enough to enlist . Although no one my age has ever signed up and has stayed for more than a week . But I'm determined , I'm gonna join , work my way up in the ranks and go find my brother . I had it all planned out .

Me and Eric were hanging out just outside the capital even though his mother told us countless times ' you need to say in the capital it's dangerous out there ' But as usual we just agreed and pretended to listen . Then we went and ignored her warnings .