Chapter 12

Y/n = your name, p/n/n = pailsman's nick name

,-*' ^ '~*-.,_,.-*~ Sick ~*-.,_,.-*~' ^ '*-,

---

I was sat on my bed letting out small coughs every now and then as I rummaged through my satchel.

"C'mon...don't I have any medicine for fevers?" I ask myself out loud.

I stood up and dumped everything out of my satchel and onto my bed.

"Goddammit there's no medicine!" I frustratingly say.

I think after being in snow from yesterday's mission caused this, more so having my face planted in the snow...

 I let out an annoyed groan feeling too tired to go out and by medicine for myself.

"I have two choices, go out and by medicine, or slowly let myself die"

"Eh, i'll just let myself slowly die" I say flopping onto my bed and making myself into a burrito from the blanket.

Of course pushing away all the stuff off my bed too.

"Y/nnnn~! Wanna go test my pailsman with me!" Hunter asks walking into my room.

He immediately stopped in his place when he saw my face, well, more so the condition i'm in.

He sweat dropped not knowing what to.

"Haha...uh- y/n, you good?"

"Yep, better than I can ever be! See, i'm a burrito" I say half sarcastically

"Haha...you're so stupid Hunter, do you think i'm okay?" I say rolling off my bed and standing up.

I walk over grabbing his wrist.

"C'mon we're going to go out to buy myself some medicine" I grumble.

"Nuh uh!" Hunter says pushing me onto my bed.

"What the heck Hunter-" I complained sitting up.

"You're staying here to rest, and i'll go out to by you your medicine." Hunter says crossing his arms.

"Hunter you don't even know what medicine to get" I say deadpanned.

"I can just go out to buy to soup, that good enough to heal you, right?" Hunter asks putting his hand behind his neck unsure.

"No you idiot, now let me go with you"

"Y/n you need rest, you're staying here!"

"No"

"Please"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

This went on for a minute or so of us just fighting, and eventually I ended up staying.

Of course I had to tell Hunter what he'll need to get.

"He's good with missions anyways, i'm sure he won't mess up getting some simple medicine" I reassure myself.

Luckily for me Hunter left his pailsman with me so I wouldn't get lonley.

"What's your name hm?" I ask the bird that was snuggled in my blanket.

It chirped, and because I couldn't understand them like how Hunter states he can, I just called him by nicknames instead.

"So p/n/n, do you eat?"

The pailsman chirped hopping out of it's nest they made from my blanket.

"I'll take that as a yes. I have sour gummy worms if you want them, Luz gave me a package when we were hanging out last" I explain grabbing a package of sour gummy worms from the ground after I thew everything off my bed when I dumped out my satchel.

"Birds like worms, right? Your a bird so you won't mind sour worms" I say ripping open the package and grabbing a worm.

I laid down on my stomach with my arms holding me up. 

I let the gummy worm dangle above the bird giving it the opportunity to catch it.

"And..." I dropped the worm.

The bird caught it ate struggled to eat it for a second, but successfully swallowed it.

"Haha! You did it! Pailsman eat, right?" I ask chewing on a gummy worm.

My pupils widened as I savored the sour, but sweat flavor of the gummy worm in my mouth.

"This taste amazing!" I shout giving the pailsman another one.

Soon enough we ate all the gummy worms, but I had the urge for more.

"Wah! This no more! You didn't eat them all did you..?" I ask the pailsman suspiciously eyeing the bird.

It chirped and hopped onto my shoulder.

"*Gasp!* You're right, we need to get to Luz for more!"

Forgetting about the situation with Hunter I got up with the bird still on my shoulder and I slipped on my boots and left.

When we made it outside the pailsman flew off my shoulder and turned into a staff.

I gasped as the staff landed in my hands.

"You want me to use you to fly? Are you sure, you're Hunter's pailsman..."

It didn't answer of course so I used it to fly to the Owl House anyways, it didn't seem bothered so I guessed it was okay.

I flew down carefully landing on the ground in front of the Owl House not wanting to hurt the pailsman in any way.

The staff turned back to a bird and they flew onto my shoulder.

I walked up to the door and knocked.

"Who is it- H-hey it's you!"