I ~ Important Stuff

Before you read, I would like to pay my respects to the elders, past, present, and emerging of the aboriginal and Torres strait islander people on this land.

Wominjeka.

Wominjeka means welcome in the language of the Woiwurrung people of Melbourne.

I will be creating what is essentially a separate culture based in the centre of Australia, but it will be inspired by aboriginal tribes.

DISCLAIMER!!! I am barely aboriginal myself, and I sadly don't know much about our culture, so this story is not a reflection of a real Australian tribe.

I will be creating a new aboriginal tribe who have magic. I just find it fascinating that this culture has been consistent for 60 million years, and I thought that if anyone in the world were to have access to ancient and powerful magic, it would be them.

As a very white aboriginal person, I don't know what it is like to experience racism, and therefore I won't be including it in this story; the main character is very white passing. I am sorry if you are a blak aboriginal person, and wanted to see yourself or your experiences reflected in this story. I want you to know that you are heard and loved regardless and that if you find anything (I mean ANYTHING) in this story to be harmful or offensive I will change it. 

I hope you get something out of this book!

I love you!

-Zed