[7]

Tanjiro was taking the death of Rengoku pretty hard . I was trying to find Giyu-san but I couldn't find him. I asked Shinobu about it. She said he's probably on a mission

I had pretty minor injuries from the fight so I only stayed a few days at the butterfly mansion. While I was there I also got my new nichirin sword. I thought I'd visit Tanjiro to see how he's doing.

When I got there the room was empty. "He better not be overworking himself" I whisper to myself. I looked everywhere for him but I couldn't find him. I decided I'll just come back tomorrow morning.

I arrived at my house. Opening the door I see that my plants looked all shriveled up. I had a lot of work to take care of so I didn't have time to come home usually. I grabbed some water and poured it into the small pots. Hopefully I can save some of them.

I walked to my bedroom where it was littered with papers. I look to the wall where I had clusters of notes and paper hanging on the wall by daggers.

It's been 8 years. No sign of Ryota or Kana.

It's like they never existed. I haven't been able to find them. I even with all my demon slayer work I still continue to look for them.

"Where are you two?"

My room was a mess. I shoved all the papers on the floor into a pile so I could fix my futon. I set my sword aside and change into my sleeping robes.

I lay on my futon trying to fall asleep. A lot has happened since I've last been here. I closed my eyes slowly falling asleep.

I woke up to the birds chirping outside. I get up walking to the main room. I didn't have anything to eat so I had to go into town to get some. I changed into more casual clothes and headed out.

The streets were bustling with people of all ages. I felt that eerie presence that someone was watching me again like when I was at mount Natagumo. I turn around to see a girl who resembled Kana. Hiding in the shadows. We make eye contact for a second before she ran away deeper into the shadows.

I chased after her. I turned the corner to find an empty dark alleyway. Was it my imagination? No that was definitely real. Where was she hiding all this time?

I run back to the crowd looking for her. I couldn't find any clues or leads on where the she went. I was growing hungry so I stopped to buy some food. I bought some Mochi for Tanjiro since I was gonna visit him soon.

I got to the butterfly mansion and saw my crow perched on a window waiting for me.

"Miyuki Kimura! Message! Message!"

I walk over to the crow waiting for him to tell me my next mission.

"You are to head to a small village nearby your hometown!"

I nod while walking inside.

I walked to where Tanjiro was staying. I knocked on the door waiting for an answer.

Silence

I walked in seeing tanjiro staring out the window.

"Tanjiro?"

I sat down next to him.

"I brought you some mochi. I'm gonna be leaving soon for a mission."  I handed him the mochi.
"I know Rengoku's death has been really hard on you, but it's not your fault."

I hug him tightly saying "I hope you get well soon."

A/n: sorry this is really short and I haven't updated in weeks. School started few weeks ago for me and I've been caught up with homework and I've just been tired and using my free time to sleep. I also haven't had much motivation to write as much.