8 Jaws!

People seem to really like this story. Now I have to make chapters/lh

[[[]]]

You and Jeremy had sat for a good hour and a half, discussing the things in his little box. You stared at the photo of the girl. Jeremy said her name was Virginia. It was nice. It sounded familiar. Wasn't that a state?

Once your discussion was over, and Jeremy had softly fell asleep on your shoulder, you decided to leave. Leaving the friendship necklace on his dresser, You tucked Jeremy Into his bed, ruffling his hair before you walked out, and putting his box under the bed. Once out of the room, you were greeted with the halls of the mall. You had stood there a moment, completely lost.

The walls were rusted, and caked with dirt. Holes littered some of the walls, the city outside shown before you. It was busy. Packed. It looked pleasing to stare at - to watch people live their lives. It was far different than what you remembered.

What did you remember?

It hit you like a train. You remembered nothing about yourself. Your identity. Your morals. Your family. You were a blank slate. Everything that made you who you were, is gone. Thinking about it made you
spiral.

What if you were the most worthless person before being taken. You did so many awful things that you deserved to rot in that basement, and you were set free. What if they kept you down there to protect the world. What if you carried a disease? What if you were down there to be fed to Jeremy? That last one was immediately scratched out.

What if you had a family? Or a partner? Or, even worse, a child? You felt your stomach churn at the thought of being a parent, and your kid is out there, lost. Probably dead.

Before you were able to cry over your hypothetical kid, you stopped yourself.

You didn't know who you were. So you had a second chance at life. You could be who you want to be, no matter what your past life was. You could be a superhero. You could be a chef, or a mercenary just like the rest of your new friends.

You smiled, tucked your hands behind the bib of your overalls, and started to walk off.

First off to your new life, find Dell's daughter. Like you told Jeremy you would. Finding her might put you in this town's good graces. Maybe even make soldier more respectful to you by finding his buddy's daughter.

First stop, Dell.

___

Dell wasn't hard to find. He was actually on his way to look for you, anyway.

He had turned out of what you assumed to be his room, soldier leaving ahead of him. You rushed over, gave Dell a quick hello, before you pulled him into his room without another word.

"What's all this now?" He asked as you shut the doors. You faced him, smiling wide.

"Tell me everything about your daughter, Dell," the words caught him off guard at first.

"How'd you-"

"Jeremy had photo's of her. I told him i was going to find her," you stated. You expect Dell to look pleased, maybe even smile a little. But he looked devastated.

"You won't find her."

"I will."

"Didn't you hear me? You won't. She's long-"

"I will find her."

You both stared each other down. Dell was shocked at how serious your voice became. He sighed.

"Look, i admire your determination, but She's dead, N/n. She's-"

"How do you know?" You asked. His mouth opened, but you spoke again. "How do you know for certain? What proof? You can't say she's dead without proof."

He fell silent. He stared at you, before sighing, sitting down on a stool, pulling one next to him. He gave it a pat, "sit. I'll tell you everything."

As you sat down, he reached into a red cooler on his work bench, pulling out a brown bottle, and a small plastic bottle with a thin blue liquid. "Bug juice? I would give your beer, but i worry it'll effect your innards."

"Thanks," you took the juice from him, twisted the cap off, and took a sip. It was sweet. It tasted heavenly, and for a moment, it gave you a soft feeling. You paused, faced scrunched up. "Hold on..."

Dell hummed, looking at you. He watched as you stared at the bottle, before you knocked it up, sucking in the juice. The soft feeling. The sound of music playing, as your head laid against something cold. You tried to focus on the sound. You couldn't hear the words. Someone sat next to you. You didn't know who, but you felt like you should. What you had your head on was cold. Cold? Was that the right way to describe it? Something touched your hand. You saw the drink. The bug juice. Someone forced it into your hand. Yiur hands were so small. You heard a muffled voice, most of it incoherent. Slowly, you filled in the pieces.

You stopped, coughing a second as juice spewed from your nose and mouth. "Sheesh, kid!" Dell shouted, patting your back.

"I remembered something!" You exclaimed, grabbing Dell's shoulders. His brows creased, before the same shocked expression came across him. He grabbed your shoulders.

"Well? What is it? Spill it out!" He beamed.

"I'm- I'm in..a car! It's a car. I can't remember any smells, or anything. I had my head on the window of it. There was music. The...the band! I don't remember the lyrics but- the band! It was called Limp Bizkit! I'm sure it was!" You exclaimed, "someone gave me one of these drinks-", you held up the juice. "They said something. I was little."

"Maybe a memory from when you were a kid?" Dell asked.

"Yes! I think-i think it was a fond memory. That's why it was so easy to remember! Because i kept going back to it! It replayed in my head so many times!" You stated, "it's a useless one. Doesn't say much about me."

"It's a start. Maybe we could find more things to help you access your memories," he stated. You nodded.

"Okay, okay- enough about my memories. Its time for yours, now. Tell me about your daughter."

Dell sighed. "Virginia. She was a rascal," he stated with a laugh. "She would be fourteen now. That makes me feel old.. last i saw her, she was leaving the state. The one next over. Then the bombs fell and..." he sighed.

"Where was she going?" You asked, on the edge of your seat.

"This city. I forgot it's name," he thought for a second, before it came to him. He told you it - although the city didn't sound familiar. Of course it didn't.

"Then i'll head there," you stated, standing up.

"You? By yourself?" He scoffed.

"You're right. Jeremy will come along. He can't leave my side. We're kidnapped buddies."

"No, n/n-" hechuckled.  "You'll have the whole team come with you- or most of them, at least. We can't let you go out there alone."

You grinned, oozing confidence. "So? What are we waiting for? Lets tell them."