Chapter Two

I'm stunned and I'm not the only one either. Matt and Colin are both surprised as well.

"You can't blame this on me and fire me."

"Yes I can and I just did. I'm the Head of HR I have the power to fire you if I want to."

"So you're using this situation to fire me for no reason."

"As you've just said your unqualified and this situation is your fault so yes that gives me the excuse I need to fire you."

Cassidy walks away with her nose in the air.

"Ariel she can't just do that. Talk to Gabriel he'll make sure you don't lose your job" Matt puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Ariel please go talk to them before they leave" Colin nods towards the scene "Mr. Carter won't allow Cassidy to fire you if you're the reason they stay. Go talk to them."

"Why should I?" I'm really pissed off right now.

"Ariel" Matt has a worried look on his face now.

"No, tell me why I should walk over there and tell them the exact same thing I told them on Monday."

I raise my voice without meaning to. I don't even notice the room go quiet.

"It's bad if they leave unhappy. There could be layoffs in our department."

"How is that my problem? You heard Cassidy I don't work here anymore."

"Ariel calm down people are staring at us."

"Let's take this outside" Colin pushes me back out the door.

"Stop pushing me" I pull my arm out of Colin's grip.

"Please calm down. I know you're mad but you can get your job back."

I press the button on my broach to stop the recording.

"Why should I calm down? She fired me for no reason."

"Ariel, take a deep breath ok. I'll talk to Ryan and make sure you keep your job. Ok you just need to calm down."

"I'm not going to calm down Colin in fact I'm sick and tired of having to calm down every time I run into that stupid bitch."

I pull out my phone.

"What are you doing?" Matt asks.

"I'm calling my sister."

"No please don't do that" Matt looks really worried now.

I place the phone to my ear but Colin snatches it out of my hand when Piper answers.

"Give me back my phone."

"No" Colin presses the red button to hang it up.

"Colin, give me back my phone, now."

"Let's handle this without Lawyers first ok" Colin is taller than me and is able to hold my phone out of my reach.

"Ahem."

We all turn to see Mark standing there watching us. I try to take advantage and get my phone back but Colin is stronger than he looks He hands my phone to Matt and holds my arm behind my back.

"Miss Hailey I would like to speak with you, if that is ok."

"Let go of me."

"Only if you calm down."