Where am I?

One second I'm throwing a kick at the thieves' accomplice and the next I'm falling to the ground. The villain grabs me and scurries off into the darkness. He puts his other hand over my eyes and I lose track of what's going on. The world turns into a swirl of colors and sounds. Everything looks like I am seeing through a kaleidoscope.

This villain is running for what seems to be forever. I have no idea exactly where we are, but I feel sick to my stomach. Every time he leaps from one roof to another, I feel nausea bubbling up, but suddenly we stop moving. He opens a door I think, and I hear a switch flip, then everything gets a lot brighter. He sets me on something and leaves the room. 

I sit around for a while before he comes back. I try to make out what's around me, but there isn't anything distinct. Everything is still blurry.  When he does come back he settles next to me, but he's a lot taller now than before. It's completely silent then everything changes. The room suddenly comes into focus and I pop back into my regular, not doll size. Nausea from before combined with the splitting headache and the spinning sensation gets to be too much. I puke. The vomit never gets on me though.  Once I get a grip I notice a bucket being held under my chin. 

"Make sure to get it all out. I hear it feels like going through a roller coaster loop," a tired voice says from next to me. 

I whip my head in the direction of the voice and another wave of nausea comes over me and my face is once again over the bucket. The villain slides a glass of water in front of me. 

"Take a few sips and rinse out your mouth. Feel free to spit into the bucket. You can drink the rest."

I follow his instructions. Then I remember exactly what the situation is. I jump out of my chair and it falls over behind me. As I'm crouching, getting ready for a fight, the villain gets up and heads down the hallway with the puke bucket. 

Where is he going? Aren't we going to have a battle or something?

"Hey where--" I start then I hear the sound of a toilet flushing and a metal clang. 

I wait for a minute and the villain appears back in the kitchen. 

"What did you do?" 

"Dumped the mess and flushed. Did you want to keep it in the kitchen?" He raises a brow and walks over to the sink. 

He doesn't seem to be looking for a fight. I take a second to look around. It looks like your average kitchen. There's a wooden table, I guess that's where I was sitting before. There's the stove, oven, fridge, and microwave, then the sink and cabinets. It's a pretty nice size too. I thought that he'd bring me to some evil warehouse. He just brought me to somebody's house. 

"This is my house kiddo," The villain interrupts my train of thought. Wait how--

"You said the last bit out loud," He says. 

"You have a house? How did you afford it?"

"I have a job? How does anyone pay for anything?" The villain sits down at the table. 

"Oh," I mutter.

For a while we're both quiet then he clears his throat and faces me. His expression is a lot more serious.

"Onto more important issues. What am I going to do with you?"

The fear from early starts to find it's way back and I start to look for ways to escape. 

"You're not going to run away," The villain says quitely and stands. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I promise not to take as long with the next one. -Tian