Kid Napping

I walk into the library to drop off the book I took last week and I spot a teen sleep at one of the tables. It's ten minutes to closing and their books are spread out across the whole table. I drop the book off at the front desk and head over to them. 

"Hey kiddo, you should probably get up now. The library will be closing soon and your parent will wonder where you are," I whisper as I shake their shoulder. 

"Hmm, ten minutes sir," They mutter before falling back asleep. 

"Sorry but that's closing time. I think you'll have to get up now," I shake them a little harder. 

They sit up all of a sudden and scramble away from me. They still look half asleep, but the fear is evident. Do they know how I am?

"I'm so sorry sir. I didn't mean to fall asleep!" They rush and stumble over the words a bit. Their eyes are wide and after a few seconds, they look confused. "Who are you?"

"Who do you think I am? I'm not your teacher so you don't need to worry about sleeping," I laugh a little at my terrible joke.

"Heh, yeah, sorry for freaking out," they weakly smile and start collecting their things.

"The library will be closing in five minutes," The loudspeaker announces.

"Well, I guess I should be going." 

"Yeah, thanks for waking me up, mister. I really appreciate it. My guardian would have been really upset if I got home late," They smile as they finish stuffing their things into a backpack. 

"It's no problem," I smile and wave as they run out of the library and out of sight. What a nice kid. But "guardian" are their parents not around? Eh, whatever it's none of my business. I grab the book I came for and check it out. I say goodbye to all the librarians at the front desk and head out. 

As I step outside, I notice the red-streaked sky the sun only peeping over the edge of the city. I have to hurry or I'll be late for work. I've got a special plan for today. 

Hi, this is the first chapter of The  Villian and the Sidekick. I hope you enjoyed it. It was pretty short, but I think the following one will be a bit longer. Thanks again for reading and don't forget to vote. 

-Tian