Chapter Fourty Four

I pulled apart from the hug, confused.

"W-what?"

"Dream. You need to tell the police about him."

I was taken aback by his words.

"H-how- did Sam put you up to this?"

"He didn't put me up to anything mate. He simply told me that you refused to turn in you're kidnapper."

"No Will you don't understand- it's not like that."

"Oh so you're saying he didn't kidnap you?"

"Well, no he did but-"

"George you can't be serious. This man kidnapped you? Why would you even think about protecting him?" Will interrupted.

Well when he puts it that way-

"No no, I'm not. It's just that if he goes to jail then this friend does too, and he didn't do anything wrong besides tag along. He even helped me escape Will! I- I can't do that to him, to Karl."

"Didn't Sam tell you?" He questioned, puzzled.

I shook my head and turned to the Floridan. "Tell me what?"

"Sam agreed to let Nick off the hook if you turned Dream in!"

My jaw dropped. This was an offer I hadn't even considered. Ever since Sam said that 'Nick was going to jail no matter what,' I hadn't thought about if Nick had got a free ticket of freedom.

"Is this true?" I asked Sam.

He nodded.

I turned to Ponk, who was fidgeting his fingers.

"And what about you're boyfriend will he tell?"

"George, Ponk doesn't even know who Nick is and I don't intend for him to find out. I'm not getting him tangled in this mess."

The boy stared back at me, clueless and scared. I felt bad for him, being dragged out here in the middle of the night with no explanation.

"I-"

I was truely speechless. This was golden offer, and I knew deep down it was the right thing, I could be saving lives here. Multiple. But then again, I'd most likely be killing Clay, and with him my ability to feel- well I wasn't quite sure what I felt about him. I never really understood them. Feelings for him.

"So? What do you say?" Sam popped the question.

"If I say no are you going to take me anyways?"

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I mean come on Sam, I'm not an idiot." I scoffed. "Whether I say yes or no, are you really going to let me go back to my apartment knowing I could be risking my life, and others lives? Now that would just make you plain stupid."

If he wasn't going to before, he sure as hell was now.

"Look George, I believe you. Nick seems like a nice dude, and I'm not going to turn him in but-"

"Oh cut out the shit, Sam! You met him once, and were ready to send him to prison without hesitation even though he did nothing wrong!"

"That's an understatement, and we both know it."

"It doesn't matter! You just want me to agree so you don't have to force me against my will while you drag my sorry ass to the cops! Just want me to take the deal so you can sleep better at night, but the truth is you weren't going to cut me loose either way!" I snapped.