𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐, 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬.

"The interns." Dreykov spoke as Inessa stood ahead of him, his desk being the only thing separating the two. "They're all younger apart from Yelena, the blonde. She's 2 months older than you. You're both 16."

She stayed still, locking her gaze on his face. She didn't know why she was in his office, but she made sure that before she left the first aid room, she turned off her thinking again. She didn't want it to affect her behaviour during a meeting with Dreykov himself.

"She'll share a room with you."

Inessa second guessed herself before she could furrow her eyebrows. She already shared a room with someone, so switching half way through the training year seems odd. She couldn't get herself to ask why, she wasn't allowed to speak.

"Guards already prepared her bed while you were training."

Inessa nodded before getting dismissed back to her room. Training for today was over and only four girls were sent on missions that day, so the girls basically had to rest of the night to themselves as long as they stayed in their sector. Inessa tried to focus on anything but the walk there.

She wasn't even sure who Yelena was. All she knew is that she was one of the girls that saw her fight an hour before. She wasn't scared of meeting her. She was scared of what Dreykov would force her to do to her.

Inessa had promised herself never to get attached to anyone. She had learnt it the hard way that people who she get close to, would leave her without a second thought. Take her 'parents' for example. She'd rather die than have someone she loved snatched away from her again.

She walked in, immediately noticing the blonde sat on the bed opposite hers. Her elbows were on her knees, head hanging low. Her hair was braided into a single French plait, the end tucked under to create a kind of bun on the bottom of her head.

The last thing on Inessa's mind was to babysit. She had to be babysat, updated on every couple of minutes when she got to the Red-Room a first. She had to have people watch her from different angles, making sure she wasn't planning an escape. And this was her first set of interns in her sector, which meant she was new to this as well.

Inessa walked up to her bed, trying to ignore the feeling of the girls gaze on her back with every move she made. She was used to people watching her. People staring. Guards had to look at the girls even when they were showering. It felt really wrong at first, but they got used to it over time.

Inessa and the girls from her sector where allowed to use the gym in their free time, as long as they didn't speak about something other than training. It was usually quiet, since there was so much you could say about weights and running, but there was an occasional murmur for advise.

Dreykov kept tags on everybody, wherever they went. Whether it was camera's following their every move or him checking the trackers implanted into their thighs. None of the Widows dared to break any of the rules. They knew a very painful death would occur. usually done by either Dreykov or other Widows.

Inessa let her hair go from her pony tail, putting her hair band into her mouth as she brushed out her hair with her fingers. She wasn't sure if she'd go to the gym just yet, she was just getting ready for tomorrows training.

"What's the date?"

Yelena's accent was thick Russian. Many girls in the Red Room had thick accents, but she'd never heard it this prominent. It made her freeze for a second, before she took out the hair band from her mouth and tied her hair back up.

She couldn't get attached.

"I don't know. We're not walking calendars."

With that, she grabbed her towel and walked out of the room. She didn't want to be mean. Not in the sense that she'd make Yelena uncomfortable. Inessa needed her to know boundaries, rules, if you will. And her first rule was to not talk to her.