Chapter 1: Tankery Festival

A buzz in the air. That's what I could hear. Or was it the tinnitus kicking in fron the jet engines? Whatever it was, the vibe this academy gave off was one of livelihood, one of freshness. Like a newly blossomed bonsai tree or morning dew. The Tankery festival held at St Glorianas academy was a marvel not to be missed, featuring stalls advertising new tankery fixtures, merchandise and photos with the crew it felt like a football match. Many parents and fans visited throughout the morning, eager to take a picture with the winning team. Of course, Miho was a little camera shy, but with encouragement from her friends she eventually gave in and began doing pictures and autographs. I was in the same boat as the rest of the Ooarai girls, except tenfold. To my suprise I had gained a following, boys and girls from across the globe had come today just to catch a glimpse of me. They'd even coined the term 'Hawk of the sky' when referring to me outside of direct conversation. It was a cool nickname that grew on me as I interacted with more fans, taking pictures, signing autographs and shirts along with participating in an interview with the BBC. This day couldn't get any better.

Darjeeling: Good morning Y/n.

Oh it just got better.

Y/n: Morning Darj, how's the stall going?

Darjeeling: Not too bad, we've had a few girls sign up to our regiment and a few autographs to sign, Assam has been sipping her tea away from the crowds as expected. However, Orange Pekoe seems to revel in the attention. I think the fame may be getting yo her head.

I chuckled and brought her in for a tight hug, rubbing her golden hair lovingly and admiring her ironed uniform.

Y/n: That's great, but what about YOU. How are you coping with the sudden attention?

Darjeeling: It's a bit stressful I will admit, but I've powered through it. It was nice to interact with people so passionate about the sport.

Y/n: So, you nervous about your final year before applying to a University?

Darjeeling: Not in the slightest, because I'll have my biggest fan and competitor with me all the way. Just make sure not to be a sore loser when we claim this year's title.

As Darjeeling finished speaking a familiar character walked by, stopping at our stall and leaning on the table.

Shiho: Y/n and Darjeeling, nice to see you here today.

Darjeeling: Nice to see you here aswell ma'am. If I may inquire, what are you doing here of all places?

Shiho: I thought it to be quite obvious, I'm checking out all of the stalls at todays festival.

Y/n: She meant this stall Shiho.

Shiho feigned shock and covered her ajar lips with her hand.

Shiho: Already dropped the formalities have we Y/n? Oh well, it doesn't matter, I need to speak with you privately anyway. If you'll please follow me to my tent we can discuss further.

She turned away and began walking away, turning her head to look at me. I begrudgingly let go of Darjelling and tailed after her, ending up at what I presumed to be her tent. Inside I was met with a further two females, each dressed in midnight black suits and a black tie to match.

Y/n: Listen, I don't want any business with the FBI, MI7 or any of the secret agencies alright?

Shiho: Just sit down Y/n, you'll want to listen to them.

Taking a seat I looked on the table to see some paperwork neatly bunched together along with a fancy ink pen. One of the women stood up from her chair and stood beside me, sending alarm bells ringing in my mind.