part 3

I finished off my date with anna then she drove me back to the school parking lot. I got and my car and drove back home.
I entered the house my mom was sitting on the couch with the tv on and a glass of whiskey in her hand.
Dylan: What are you still doing up
Maya: waiting for you to get home you didn't text me that you were going to be late.
Dylan: I'm surprised you noticed, no girlfriend tonight
Maya: no she is working tonight
I turn to walk away when mom grabs my arm
Maya: I would like you to meet carina, get to know her
Dylan: no I don'tt want to meet you, new girl. all I want is my mom, not some lady coming in and taking the little time I get to spend with you from me. I lived my whole life without a second parent I don't need one now. all I need is you.
I say tears streaming down my cheeks.
Maya: she isn't trying to take me from you. I like her a lot and she doesn't have to be a parent. she is just my girlfriend. carina is going to be like a friend, she looks out for you and will help but she doesn't want to force you to think of her as your mom. she isn't ready to be a mom and she didn't even want to meet you at first. I like her.
I hugged mom she was crying I was crying it was a mess. I missed, my mom.
Dylan: I was on a date that was why I got home late
Maya: what's her name
Dylan: Anna Cambell
Maya: where did you meet her
Dylan: the coffee shop and she goes to my school.
Maya: what did you do on your date
Dylan: we went to an empty parking lot and ate fluffernutter Sandwiches.
Maya: So you had a good time
I nodded, we just sat on the couch not saying anything.
Dylan: has Andy met Carina?
Maya: not yet, you needed to know first.
Dylan: you better tell andy soon
Maya: I know
Dylan: I'm heading up to my room
I o to my room and end up just scrolling through tik tok. then I decided to look up mom's girlfriend. maybe I can find shit on hef and have reasons not to like her.
I found her: doctor carina Deluca- obgyn/ female studies, Italian, review: amazing, kind, funny, she slept with my baby daddy/ husband.
there we go I found some shit in her.
I go downstairs to tell my mom.
Dylann: look mom I found  shit on your girlfriend, she's a homewrecker
Maya: she told me about that, she had an affair with him before she got pregnant because I looked her up as well because there was no way I was letting someone bad into my daughter's life.
Dylan: damn-it, I was hoping to get you to leave her.
Maya: there is nothing you can do, and how would you like it if I did the same to your girlfriend.
Dylan: well I don't have a girlfriend so
Maya: not your girlfriend yet
Dylan: she hasn't asked so no
Maya: why don't you ask
Dylan: if aha asks me to be her girlfriend I will ask her to be my wife, if we get that far
Maya: Well let's hope you do just for that
Dylan: it is almost 1 so I am going to bed now
Maya: night, and stop stalking my GF
Dylan: whatever you say.