1

"Maggie, have you seen Shawn?" I asked.

"He's down at the stable the last time I saw him." Maggie said.

"Thank you." I said, leaving the house and walked down to the stable. I saw Shawn petting a horse and he heard me. "Hi Shawn." I said, smiling.

"Hey Willow." He said, walking up to me and pecked my lips. "How's my two favorite people doing?" He asked, referring to me and the baby.

"We're doing great." I said.

While we were talking, we heard Maggie shouting. We walked out of the stables and saw a man carrying a child. We walked to the house and Hershel came out and told the man to bring the child inside. Otis ran to the house with a man with him.

"Otis, what happened?" I asked, making the man look at me.

"I accidentally shot a boy when I shot at a deer." He told me.

The man that was carrying boy walked out of the house with his shirt and hands covered in blood.

"Look man, you got blood. I'll help all I can." The man that came with Otis said.

After a little bit, I was sitting on the porch next to the man that brought the boy here.

"I'm Rick." He said, still looking down.

"I'm Willow. Your son is in good hands, Hershel can help him." I said. "I know he's going to make it through." I added.

"Thanks." He said, finally looking at me. "Do you have any children?" He asked.

"I'm pregnant with one." I said.

"Congratulations." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

Maggie rode up with a woman, which I'm assuming is Rick's wife.

"Where is he?" She asked. Maggie took her to where her son is and Rick went with them.

"Willow, let's go take a short walk like we used to before." Shawn said.

"Okay." I said, smiling.

We held hands and started walking around the field.

"Remember when we first met?" Shawn asked.

"How can I forget? My friend set me up with you even though I told her I don't go on blind dates. But I'm glad I went on that one. If I didn't I wouldn't have met you and have this bundle of joy growing in my belly." I said, smiling.

"I told my friend that too. I didn't know our friends were friends with each other and we didn't meet until they set us up." He said. "I loved that day. It was the day I met the love of my life." He said.

We stopped walking and looked at each other. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he leaned in, placing his lips onto mine. We pulled away to breathe and he put his forehead against mine.

"I love you Willow." He said.

"I love you too Shawn." I said, smiling. "Now let's go back to the house." I said.

We walked back and I went inside. When I walked in, I was stopped by Hershel.

"Where were you Willow?" He asked.

"I was out in the field with Shawn." I told him.

"Oh, I was wondering where you were since I couldn't find you anywhere in the house." He said.

"How's the little boy doing?" I asked.

"I have to get the rest of the bullet fragments out of his stomach but I don't have the stuff I need. Otis volunteered to go to the school that has the things I need with one of the men that came here. I think his name is Shane." He said.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked.

"Rick is giving his son some of his blood and he'll need orange juice." He said.

"Okay, I'll get it and take it to him." I said, walking to the kitchen.

I opened a cupboard and grabbed a glass, putting it on the counter. I opened the fridge and pulled out the orange juice and poured some into the cup. I put the orange juice away and brought the glass to the room the little boy is in. I saw Rick and his wife next to the bed, scared looks on their faces. Rick looked weak from giving blood. I walked over to them.

"Here's some orange juice Rick. You'll need it since you're giving blood." I said, handing him the glass.

"Thank you Willow." He said, grabbing the glass.

"I'm Lori, Rick's wife." The woman beside Rick said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Willow." I said. "Your son will make it through, I know he will. He seems like a strong boy." I said.

"He is." Lori said. "He is indeed." She said.

"If you both ever need anything and I mean anything at all, you can come to me." I said.

"Thank you." Rick and Lori said in unison.

I walked out of the room and went to mine and Shawns room. I sat down and thought about the little boy and prayed he'll pull through.