17

I was carrying a sleeping Madison around outside, enjoying the sunlight when the gates opened and I saw Rick, Michonne and Carl return. I walked up to the car when Rick got out. I saw some blood on his shirt where his shoulder is.

"What happened to your shoulder Rick?" I asked, worried.

"Just ran into someone I know but he didn't remember me and saw me as a threat. But I'm okay, don't worry." Rick said.

"Can I at least treat it so it doesn't get infected?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

I followed him into the prison and he sat down on my bed. I put Madison down in her bed to sleep. I went and got the things I needed. I sat down next to him and put some alcohol on the gauze and had him take his shirt off. I removed the bandage that was on his shoulder and started sanitizing the wound on his shoulder. It didn't look bad but I didn't want to risk it getting infected. I wrapped a bandage around it again and he put his shirt back on.

"Thank you Willow." He said.

"You're welcome Rick." I responded. "Are you okay Rick? You look upset." I said.

"Yeah. I was just thinking about the state my friend was in. He didn't remember me at first." He told me.

"Maybe it's been a while since he last saw you." I said.

"It was that and he told me something that made him want me to kill him." He said.

"What did he tell you?" I asked.

"He told me his son was killed." He said.

"Oh my god. Who killed him?" I asked.

"His mom. She was a walker when he first met me." He told me.

"My god. Is your friend okay? Maybe he would want to join us here." I said.

"I told him he could but he said that's how people get killed." He said.

"There will still be deaths but there won't be that many because it'll be a big group against others." I said. "He's most likely still mourning the death of his son. Maybe he needs a little more time." I said.

"I'm sorry to ask this but do you feel safer here with the group after you lost Shawn?" He asked.

"Yeah I do. Everyone in this group is helping me through the grief and never rushes me to let go of him. Shawn would be happy to know that me and Madison are being taken care of by everyone." I said.

"Even me?" He asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Yeah. You help me a lot Rick. More than you think you do." I told him.

"Thank you." He said. "I'm meeting up with the Governor tomorrow to talk." He told me.

"Hopefully we won't have to kill anymore else." I said.

"Hopefully but there's always a chance there will be." He said.

"I know, but I'm just sick of the bloodshed. We already have to keep ourselves alive from the walkers." I said.

"Rick, we better get ready for tomorrow for the meeting with that Governor asshole." Daryl said.

"Okay. Thank you for treating my wound Willow." Rick said, standing up.

"Any time Rick." I said, before he left.

I just sat there thinking about what could happen tomorrow. The Governor might not agree with everything that Rick says. The Governor might still attack us again and it could end up worse than before.