Chapter 1

Editor's Backstory

Third person's POV

Life is easy for some people. Not for Editor.
Editor (also known as Yume Akumu) had an ok life. She had a happy family and good friends. She wanted to be a hero for her entire life. The thing is it all changed when she was 5 and her grandmother died.

(Trigger warning: yelling, abuse, and death. If you are sensitive to these things please skip this part of the backstory. It was even hard for me to write this. All you need to know is Editor kills her parents.)

She wasn't very close to her grandma but her mom was very sad after her death. After her mom came from the funeral she started to yell at Editor. Slapping, punching, and insulting her. Little did Editor know was she got her quirk that day. Sure kids' quirks slowly start to show up but hers came instantly for some unknown reason. She was crying and coughing up blood. Her dad was trying to stop her mom but it didn't work.

Editor never felt such sadness. Sure she has felt sad but she's never felt this sad. The intense emotions activated her quirk. She ended up killing her mom. Her dad saw the mom fall to the floor and he checked for a pulse but there was nothing. He looked over at Editor. Editor thought she fell asleep

"Y-Yume did y-you do this?" She had no clue what her dad was talking about."Do wh-" Before she could finish her dad slapped her across the face. " WHAT ARE YOU? ARE YOU A MONSTER? HOW DID YOU DO THAT?" Editor was very confused? 'what did I do? Is mom ok?' these thoughts went through her head. "YOU'RE A MONSTER. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? you're-you're-YOU'RE A VILLAIN." With that one statement editor's dreams were shattered.

'A villain? But I didn't do anything wrong.' her parent was always her biggest supporters. She was so confused why her dad called her a villain. All she knew was she was mad. Her quirk activated again and she killed her dad. She saw him fall to the floor and thought he has fallen asleep too.

(You can start reading from here if you skipped how Editor killed her parents)

"Dad? Did you fall asleep? *sigh* Probably shouldn't bother them." She was glad the fight was over. She went to sleep. The next day, she got up and got ready for school. She went into the living room and saw her parent 'asleep'. She didn't want to wake them up so she just went to school.

She was having fun with her friends. Her quirk activated again after looking into one of the staff member's eyes and she took one of their quirks. "What happened to my quirk? It's gone." Said the staff member. "Huh, why can I see everything about you? And I can change some things" Editor didn't know that that was her quirk. "Akumu your eyes. They are black!" Some random kid pointed out. "Is this my quirk? I think I got my quirk."

She was called to the principal's office. There were a few police officers there." Hello little girl. How are you?" "I'm ok" Editor answered. "Can you tell us your name?" "Yume Akumu" She answered one of the officers. "Did something happen at home yesterday?" Asked one of the officers. "Yes. My grandma died. After her funeral, my mom got home and started to yell at me for no reason. While we were fighting, she fell asleep. My dad checked on her and he started to yell at me too. I don't know why. He eventually fell asleep too" the police looked at each other with sad faces. " We hate to break it to you sweetie but your parents didn't fall asleep. They uhh die."Editor had a shocked look on her face.

"Do you have a quirk yet or have there been signs of your quirk developing?" Another officer asked." Yes, when I look into someone's eyes I can see everything about them and change some stuff about them" Editor answered back sadly. They looked at each other shocked." That's a strong quirk for a kid." one of them whispered.

She didn't say a word. She stayed a school for the rest of the day not saying a word. After school, the police came to pick her up and take her to an orphanage. She stayed there cause no one else in her family wanted her after they heard about what she did.
The caretakers at the orphanage feared her. They always ignored her. Every kid knew about what she did and feared her too.

Every now and then, a hero would come to visit the orphanage. Editor would get excited. The heroes also knew about what she did. They feared her too. They would avoid her.

After a month, she went outside to take a walk. She was thinking about their life and started to cry. After a while of walking she sat down somewhere and it started to rain. She cried and cried and cried.

"Hey, are you ok?" Someone asked. There he was 11-year-old Kai Chisaki. "Umm yeah, I'm fine." " Where are your parents?" Editor looks down "They're dead" "Oh sorry for your loss." He then asked, "Hey do you want to come to live with me?" Editor looked confused. " Uhh not like that." " Not like what?" Editor asked. "nevermind" he responded.

" I can't live with you. I live in a house with other kids that also don't have parents" " Oh you live in an orphanage. Maybe I can ask Master to adopt you." "Orphanage? Master?" Chisaki grabbed editor by the hand and takes her to the yakuza hideout. " Master? Master? MASTER? Hey wait, I never asked you your name." "Oh um Yume Akumu." "Well Akumu, my name is Kai Chisaki" " I know. You are 11 years old too" " Huh, how do you know?" "My quirk. I can look into someone's eyes and know everything about them and change some stuff." 'That's a strong quirk' Chisaki thought.

After a while, Chisaki found the head of the yakuza. he asked if he could adopt editor. It took a lot of convincing but he accepted. After all the paperwork Editor moved in with Chisaki. Chisaki helped editor learn to control her quirk.