Idea 6- The Choice

Character A has parents that have a special family tradition. One that has been passed down for many generations: To choose the wife/husband for their children when they turn 20.

Character A is not fond of this idea, because they already have a love interest.

When their parents finally make a choice, A vents to their love interest (could be co-worker, friend, neighbor).

Reluctantly, A gives their potential partner a chance.

Surprise, surprise. Their suitor is pretty much perfect.

Eventually, character A realizes that they are in love with two different people.

Throughout the story, Character A recieved help from both of the others.

Just an idea:
At some point, A could be under the impression that their suitor is only agreeing to marriage for money. But, it turns out that the suitor is after money, only because someone close to him is in need of an expensive surgery.
(Which would only make Character A like the suitor more)

Basically the whole story is about the protagonist having to choose between 2 amazing people...

( I was thinking that the first love interest could be the same gender as the protagonist, and that is why they are having difficulty choosing, due to fear of their family's reaction to them being homosexual.)

Sorry if this was confusing 😅