Idea 5-Romance Or Rebound?

After Character A recently lost (by "lost" I mean they passed away. Maybe by cancer or an accident...) their fiancé (or girl/boyfriend), they decide to travel to another country for a while. This is because the familiar surroundings are causing them pain and they just want to get away for a bit. 

On their journey, they discover that Character B (who was a waiter/waitress at A's favorite restaurant back where he originally lived), is staying in the same hotel as him. In fact, they are neighbors.

notices A and begins talking to them. B says that their cousin or sister/brother has opened a new restaurant and is in need of some help until their restaurant becomes more well-known.

A decides to try out this new restaurant, and since B knows exactly what they like, A ends up becoming a regular.

A enjoys the new environment by going for walks and exploring. One day, B has time to join A.

At some point, B will ask A why he is there. A will tell them the truth, seeing as they are great friends. 

B thanks him for his honesty and comforts him a bit. Eventually, B also tell their truth.

B informs A that the main reason they travelled was to get away from their abusive ex. 

They comfort each other, now knowing each other's reasons for travel.

Little by little, they both begin to like each other without the other knowing.

They're both aware of their own feelings...

But is it true love? Or just a rebound?

They both begin questioning themselves. Therefore, holding themselves back from admitting their feelings for each other.

Until something bad happens to one of them...

( I was thinking that B finds out they have cancer...but y'all can do whatever you like.)