Xchocobars-this is why I hate spiders

We made it to the tree village but immediately I was creeped out. Spiderwebs hung from the houses. And so did four large spiders. They dropped down and came at us. I jumped back and immediately pulled out my shield. A number of 20 appear above its head.

It got the first hit on me and it used a web to hold me. I used my spear to cut through it and then stabbed it with said spear. The number dropped to 17. I used my Heidi to block the next attack but it knocked the shield away from me.

I was on my back with a groan as it came after me again. I used my spear and shoved it up through the spider. I made a roaring sound as it's number dropped down to 11

I rolled away from its next attack and this time I threw my spear. It's number dropped again this time to 5. It hit me and I groaned. That slightly hurt. I grabbed my club and watched its number drop to a zero before it crumpled into dust.

Tina finished her spider off and I saw her number said 7. Kimi was unconscious on the ground as Hafu ran over to her. Kimis number said 1. I inhaled sharply and glanced at Hafus's number. 8.

I ran over to where Kimi lay on the ground and pulled her into my lap. She inhaled sharply and groaned as she pressed close to me. I rubbed her back gently to let her know I was there and wasn't leaving. Hafu handed me my shield and I put it on my back, my spear with it

"Kimi, hey. It's gonna be alright," I reassured her. She shook her head and pressed her face to my neck. Hafu stared at Oliver for a moment. It worried me that Kimi was in so much pain.

"He says the area is clear. We can rest here," she said as he flew up to a tree. I nodded but Tina didn't look convinced, I didn't blame her. I didn't like this place

"I don't know. There could be more hiding," she said and shifted her weight. I stared at her and Kimi whimpered as she moved slightly.

"Either way, Kimi's not gonna make it very far like this. We need her to rest," I said. She was already asleep as I picked her up gently. Tina and Hafu each went into their own houses as I set Kimi on the bed in one.

She grabbed my hand as I went to leave. No words were spoken as I slid into the bed next to her, hugging her waist tightly. Her eyes seemed to stared into my soul as I looked at her

"I'm here Kimi. I'm not going anywhere," I whispered. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I nuzzled her. "I promise you,"

"Janet..." she whispered. I couldn't help but smile as I drifted off into a restless sleep