Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Day In Peru

I felt Niall's bodily heat as I rolled to get comfortable on the bed. I then adjusted my pillow with my eyes still closed but for some reason I felt like Niall was awake. I turned to face him and opened my eyes.

"Good morning" He smiled.

"Morning baby" I responded as I smiled back. I'm so glad he's back to his cheerful, happy self again.

"Have anyone told you that you sleep like a beast in beauty's body?" He asked.

"No, cause I haven't slept in the same bed with anyone else" I admitted.

"Well you do. You turn a lot"

"I'm sorry. Did I disturb your sleep?"

"No. Well yes, but not because of your turning. Because of your presence. I woke myself to see your beauty" He said as he pulled me closer into his body. I looked down under the covers and realised there wasn't a space between us. Our bodies were so close I could feel everything. Everything.

"I can feel Steel" I said and he looked down as well.

"Oh trust me, you haven't felt Steel" He said with a smirk.

"You're disgusting" I said as I pulled myself away and was about to get out bed.

"Wait!" He said as he held onto my wrist which caused me to wince.

"Ouch" I pulled my arm away and got out of bed while rubbing my wrist gently.

"What? What's wrong" He asked as he came closer and gently held my hand and pushed up the sleeve. As he did the white bandage was revealed. I turned my head and looked away but he positioned himself in such a way on the bed that he could've used his free hand to turn my face "Babe, what's this?" He asked with little to no inquisitiveness in his voice. To me he seemed to know what it was but he still asked.

"A bandage" I said quietly. I really didn't want him to see it but I knew at some point he would. Whether it was in the form of a healing wound or a healing heart.

"And below it?" He asked as he played with the unsticking edge.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I turned my face again.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked as he came up and hugged me "I should be sorry"

"I just needed you" I said as I hugged onto him. He then pulled back and held my face in his palms then kissed my cheek.

"I'm here" He whispered looking into my eyes. He then looked down at my bandage and back at me "Did you cut?"

"Yes" I responded in shame.

"May I see?"

"Yes" I responded again and his hands moved down to my wrist then carefully peeled off the bandage. I turned my head away as he did so. I felt the coolness of the room connect to my flesh and I knew the bandage was removed. It was then replaced by his soft lips as he kissed around it.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was afraid you'd blame yourself more"

"I won't. I promise. I won't. hurt you. like that again" He said in between kisses that he placed on my wrist. "I promise. I won't. shut you out. ever again. and I promise. I won't. push you away."

"Promise?" I asked as I stretched out my pinky.

"Promise" He said as he intertwined his with mine. He then licked it and I did the same.

"I'm gonna have these scars now" I said as I looked down at my wrist and the healing wounds. I never thought I'd self harm but I guess when things get tough. This just proves you can't judge others because you never know what you'll deperately do under the circumstances.