Chapter ten

Izzie's pov:

The music was loud. Like, really loud. We'd barely entered the room before Brian made his way to the drinks. I rolled my eyes having already assumed we'd be the ones to take him back to his dorm. Casey shifted awkwardly next to me and I turned to look at her.

"You'll be okay." I said, squeezing her hand.

She sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "I don't know, I just feel weird."

"Try to have fun. For me."

Casey sighed again. A weak smile formed on her face as she looked towards the party.

"Well, might as well go catch up with the team. And stop Brian from killing his liver." She said and kissed me softly before disappearing into the crowd.

I smiled in her direction one more time before noticing my own friends at the end of the room.

Casey's pov:

As expected, Brian was chugging a bottle while being cheered on. I watched with concern as the last drops entered his mouth. He eventually noticed I was there which made other people acknowledge me aswell.

"Casey!!" He yelled drunkenly.

"Sup Gardner." Megan smiled, turning around.

"Yo." Trevor nodded at me.

"I see you guys are encouraging Brian's budding alcoholism." I chuckled.

Brian put a hand on his chest, dropping his jaw. He stepped towards me almost tripping over his own feet.

"I am NOT an alcoholic!" It was hard not to laugh especially since he had to look up at me, considering I was 3 inches taller than him.

"If you say so." Megan said, stifling a laugh.

"Oh my god this is my fucking song, you guys have to dance with me." Trevor yelled over the ear destroying music.

He dragged us to the centre of the room which was full of dancing people. Brian somehow ended up on top of a table and was twerking with his back. I obviously had to record this so I could bully him when he was sober.

I looked across the room to see Izzie looking really uncomfortable with some rando trying to feel her up. Initiate protective girlfriend mode.

Izzie's pov:

Some random frat bro who was covered in AXE was trying to get into my pants. It was really disgusting. But he was really muscular so I wasn't really sure what to do about it without getting hurt. Until I heard footsteps and saw Casey.

"Hey perv, she's taken." She said, standing between us.

"What, by you? That's even better."

"Get. Lost.".

He rolled his eyes, laughing and Casey stepped forward which made me worried. Unfortunately my worries were confirmed when she punched the guy. There was a snap signalling that his nose broke. It turned into a full fight. Long story short, we left with Casey having cuts, several bruises and a black eye.

She winced as I put disinfectant on the wounds. "I just want to know what you were thinking."

"He was being a douche and I wanted to protect you."

I smiled. "And while I appreciate that, I don't appreciate watching you get ragdolled in the middle of a party."

"Hey I broke his nose so it feels like I won that fight." She said grinning.

I put the last bandage around her arm and kissed her cheek. A few seconds later both our phones started buzzing rapidly with notifications.

"Jesus, who died?" Casey groaned as she picked up her phone.

Casey's pov

Apparently some asshole recorded the fight and it was all over Instagram. And twitter. And somehow Facebook. Which is how professors found out and why I was now in the Dean's office for "academic misconduct".

"This is completely unacceptable! Both of you could have seriously damaged this school's reputation!" Ms. Williams was yelling at the top of her voice.

"But-"

" "But" nothing. This is strike one for both of you. Two more strikes and its expulsion."

The walk back to the dorms was even more awkward because we were headed to the same place. Travis Kane, football captain, homophobe, and the idiot who tried to flirt with my girlfriend. I wanted to kill him right there but going to prison wasn't exactly on my vision board. Relief hit me like a bus when we finally got to our floor. Luckily his dorm was first.

"Later fag." He said before slamming the door hard.

I cursed loudly and stomped down the hall. Nothing would make me happier than to smash his head in with an aluminium baseball bat. It was almost 1 AM and I'd succeeded in having the worst night ever. I just wanted to go to bed.