Chapter 3- Humiliation

Laney's POV

I walk into my school and go to my locker. I hope I'm late for class. I hate going to Mrs. Griffin's class. That mean old grouch. 

I open my locker and start unpacking my backpack and getting out my math book when the bell rings.

Great. I'm not going to be late for class... UGH.

I walk in the classroom and sit in my seat in the middle of the room.

I look in front of me on the other side of the classroom at the other rows of desk and see my friend, Mallory, waving really fast.

She is always obnoxious in the morning.

 She runs over to me.

"Hey Laney! Hey hey hey!" she says to me.

"Heyyyyy...." I reply.

She always makes me happy in the morning, and this is just the start of her way to cheer me up before Mrs. Griffin walks in the room.

"Guess what?" she asks me.

"What?" I reply.

"I've got another joke..." she says.

"What is it?" I ask her.

She leans down to my ear to whisper the joke to me.

"Guy: ;) Want to have some fun?

Girl: Sure!  What are you planning?

Guy: Here's a hint: pillows and blankets ;D

Girl: OMG WE'RE MAKING A FORT?

Guy: ..." she whispers to me.

"Hahahahahah!" I laugh really loud for a long time.

Then the bell rings again and everyone starts dismissing the class for first period.

Well, at least homeroom is over. Just seven more classes. UGH. I hate school.

I walk into first period. Ms. Edmonds class. This is the worst class of the day.

Five classes later, (5th Period)

I walk into 5th period and sit in my seat. In this class, I sit in the front row.

 I look around before the class starts. I wonder if that new kid has any classes with me. He hasn't been in any of the ones I've had yet.

Then, I spot him start walking to the desk right next to mine and he sits down in it.

He's kind of cute. In his own little way. It's just the way he doesn't know where the classes are and stuff. Super cute.

 "Hey," he says looking up to see me staring at him.

That was awkward...

"Oh... hi," I say. I'm super nervous around him for some reason.

That's weird... normally I'm not nervous around guys.

"So, do you know what we're doing in class today?" he asks me.

"Oh, we have to read our book reports in front of the class..." I say. We both sigh.

"I hate reading class already." he tells me.

"Yeah, I only don't like writing. But I enjoy reading." I say.

"That's so funny," he says to me. "I only like writing on this app called Wattpad, where people make their own books and publish them, but I hate reading, only when I have to read in front of an audience though."

"No way! I read on Wattpad!" I tell him, shocked at how similar we sound.

Then, the teacher walks in.

"Okay class, if you don't remember, you have to read your book reports today." the teacher starts.

The whole class groans.

"Okay, who's first?" she asks. "Let me pick from the bowl of names."

I'm sure no one wants to read first. I don't.

"Laney," she says.

Crap.

I pick up my paper and walk in front of the class. She walks back to sit at her desk and watch me like a hawk.

Ugh, I hate having to read in front of people. I get nervous.

I clear my throat and look around. I see the new kid, Chris, I think, watching.

CRAP!

I'm so nervous.

I clear my throat again and hesitate to speak.

"AWW, Laney's nervous around the new guy..." I hear the most popular girl in school, Britney, say really loud so the whole class could hear.

Even, Chris...

The whole class starts laughing at me.

"I...I'm..." I start to say but struggle to speak.

"She must think he's cute!" she says.

Ugh, I hate her!

"Now now class, be quite, your not being a respectful audience..." the teacher starts.

The whole class continues to laugh.

I'm sure I am about to cry. I start to run out of the room.

"Laney! Wait! Come back here right this instant!" the teacher yells as I'm right at the door frame, but I keep running.

"AWW, Chris comes to the rescue!" I hear Britney say.

Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap! He must be following me!

"Laney, wait!" I hear him yell.

I turn around to see him running after me.

He probably thinks I'm a drama queen.

I have tears rolling quickly down my face for the second time today.

"Laney," I hear him say once he gets close enough to me.

* * *

Hey guys! I know! Cliff-hanger! I try, I try. :)

This time I need 6 comments! Tell me what you think Chris is going to say to Laney!

Thank you for everything!

Like!

Vote!

Share!

Comment!

Love Ya!

~AnonymousWriter714